ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoHuntress

A Rainy Start

I\'ll probably set up a ground blind just in case we get too much rain also...just have to wait a few weeks until the new food plots start to sprout up good enough the draw the Deer to them.Bluebird...the Turkeys like moving and feeding in the rain also and we are allowed 2 of them on our Archery Tags! :hmmm::cheers::thumbup:

I actually really like rifle hunting in the rain but I don\'t like it at all for bow hunting. Always concerned about the blood trail.
Agree, usually take shorter/perfect shots only in the rain.

I shot my best archery buck last year in the rain, right at dark. Gave him some time before the track(had to go to Coltons Birthday) but came back after about 2 hours or so to find no blood trail at all.. Thought I heard him fall, so thought I could walk right to him. But he wasnt there, if he did fall, he got up again,, but not where I thought he should be and the rain had washed away any blood he left. Came back the next morning and found him right away! Problem was, I wasnt the first to find him!Hunting in the rain can be productive, but they can sneak up on you! This buck was less than 5 yards from my tree before I ever knew he was there! The woods were thick and the leaves hadnt fallen yet, he snuck in under cover of leaves, and made no noise at all!Get out in the rain and hunt em.

post-430-139589286573_thumb.jpg

post-430-139589286574_thumb.jpg