ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angus

Whos gonna break the ice?

Ok, so who does everybody think is gonna lay one down first this season?? Anyone got anyone in mind...Lonepine does the filming thing, and might already be hunting somewhere..:hmmm:Beaver-Man has been rumored to know where theres a couple good bucks already this year.. and has shown through his pics that he knows how to lay em down....:hmmm:Jeremy has the new place where hes living, and it sounds like theres a ton of deer around his place...:hmmm:Of course, Bluebird, Mo-Hunter1, and Deerman have a great place......:hmmm:Mohuntress is due to hammer a good one with her bow..:hmmm:Theres so many skilled hunters on here, and the way season is looking, I think we are all gonna have a good year!So, who has an ace in the hole? Who is gonna draw first blood?

well, we are set up 10 yards off a corn field with tons of deer sign...hopefully we can connect. well....that is if the chiggers havent carried our stands off to parts unknown:smilebig: i\'m not too worried about even seeing anything at this point. its sure going to be nice sittin up in a tree though, with this cool weather moving in and all, its really starting to feel like deer season:cheers:

I have several Cameras out and I haven\'t seen a buck I\'d want to shoot yet. I really don\'t want to mess with a doe when it\'s warm so it probably won\'t be me. You never know who it may be... even the blindest of hogs finds an acorn now and then.

I\'ve already had 2 Deer walk up past my ladder stand this Labor day weekend when I was sitting in it with my .243 waiting for a Coyote to walk thru the mowed field..if it was Bow Season I could have arrowed a nice Doe about 15-20 yards in front of me!Sad thing is on opening day I have to work til 3:30,then drive home and shower and spray down to go out and sit in my stand..still I think I\'ll end up shooting a Deer early this year in all this heat and have to field dress it in the heat and run it to town to the Proccessor! :hmmm::duh::freak: ;)Lets start a 1st Deer down Pool to see who gets the first Deer of the season...! :cheers: :smilebig:I think Deerman,Angus,Killmode or Passthru will put the smack-down on a Deer First! :clap::cheers::woohoo:

I highly doubt it will be me.. The first couple days will be guiding on a managed hunt at Busch Wildlife.. then I have to work for 4 days, then, if she hasnt connected yet, likely more guiding! I havent got a pic of a buck here at home for a month now! Kinda concerned about that, but we have a few on cams at the lease, but its not looking like I will make it there for a couple weeks. My first few weeks of season, is looking like I wont get to do a ton of hunting for myself,, unless Lesley can get a tag hung on something at Busch.. If she does, it will be GAME ON!

Angus,your safe for now,ha come the 18th I\'ll be behind the camera. and that\'s OK with me I love catching hunts on film. oh by the way hope to see some of you good people at Higginsville Stock Arena for the Iron Man Rodeo on the 13th at 7pm. all the proceeds go to catch -a- dream. you all be safe and have a great season. :wave:

After the exceptional season we had last year at the farm, mature bucks may be hard to come by this year. I set up a couple of cams last weekend hoping to find at least one piece of the puzzle. I\'m not looking to score early, just looking to make it count when I do score. :thumbup:

I have been informed by my dear ol daddy, that if a doe walks out in front of me, I WILL take her. He\'s craving some backstrap to say the least. I probably won\'t be the 1st to get a rack on the wall, but I\'m gonna at least try to get some meat in the freezer asap.

Uh Oh! Mohuntenfool, has got something to prove, and SassyRed has got dad wanting backstraps,, thats gonna bring em up on the first blood candidate list!..:cool:I hope everyone here smacks one on their first sit in the tree! Good luck everyone!Sassy, get ur daddy a deer, hes craving tenderloin!

As long as I don\'t have a southern wind or thunderstorms next Wednesday, I\'ll head to a little 1/4 acre clover plot that\'s tucked back in the woods for a sit. First nanny that walks out is gettin it. :cool: