Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Passthru

Springfeild Armory Rules

10 posts in this topic

Not only do they have a fantastic firearm in the XD model, but they are very good people. Let me explain, I love the holster that came with the gun, problem is, it is a right handed holster, i am right handed BUT, to conceal the gun it needs to be tight agianst the body, to do that the holster needs to be between the me and the belt, this draws it up snug to my side..the only way to do that with a right handed holster is to turn it around backwards, so the grips are facing forward. This dont allow a fast draw, and is a tad bit unsafe to draw. so i emailed Springfeild armory last night looking for a left handed holster and i got my reply today, they will send me one free. below is the emails.

-----Original Message-----Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:37 AMTo: Dawn OlesonSubject: Sales Email - Sent: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:34:27 -0500 - Left handholster?HI, I have the XD-9 Compact, and i am seriously needing a left handed holster for my pistol, do you happen tohave left hand holsters just like the one that came with my firearm?

[Edited on 6-30-2009 by Passthru]

I think that this is mighty good of this company to do, these holster while not real expensive are not cheap if your handing out a lot of them. I was however willing to purchase it, i was just wanting to find out if they had one and if they did i was going to ask how to purchase it...but a free one is cool. I am sure their service should anything need done would be just as good.

Sounds great pass. Funny thing is i had the same problem with my 380, but cut some stiching,then moved the material to the other side and hand sewed it back. Works great !

I haven\'t used the kholster yet and it does look nice but if you want another option take a look at the smart carry. Here is a link: smartcarryI have used it for quite awhile now and it is very comfortable, well made, and very easy to get to. It works best with a slightly loose waist, not falling down by any means but not tight either.

Hey yall, thanks for the info..so i just kind of got to searching around and ended up ordering a Supertuck holster from http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/ a little higher priced than the KHolster, but i just didnt like the half moon or fullmoon design...and i may end up triming a little on the leather of this holster when i get it, i will just have to wait and see.

Got home tonight and my new holster was here, i like it, its still a little big, i simply cant wear inside my pants, and i am not buying jeans oversized to accomidate that, so i am wanting to wear it outside my jeans and wrap my belt around it, well, is so dang long i have to do away with one loop on my pants, it seems like it is going to work fine that way, but jeeze these guys should stop and think a little more about this stuff when the build a holster...i will probably modify this into the perfect one. of course you cant make Everyone happy, everyone has different wants and needs and that makes it impossible. but it does hide the gun very very well and it is comfortable to the point i dont notice it there...thats a great sign.

Mo_hunter, i did my alterations tonight and i got it just like i want it now, works great. in fact their OWB holster is made \"almost\" exactly the same as the IWB, is just a little less leather, they dont use the clips, but i opted to keep the clips for the belt, i just simply moved them inward closer to the gun and mounted them, then trimmed the excess leather away. later if i decide i can remove the clips and put the belt slits in the leather. surprisingly it is now very comfortable to wear and hides very well now and fits between belt loops on my breeches, I now have what i needed. I just dont think that anyone makes a holster that suits everyone, i think a person gets a holster as close to what they want and then after wearing it and seeing what dont work for them, go ahead and alter it. i am notorious for altering things to work for me if possible.:cheers::cheers: Next time i see you i will show you what i did.

-----Original Message-----Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:37 AMTo: Dawn OlesonSubject: Sales Email - Sent: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:34:27 -0500 - Left handholster?HI, I have the XD-9 Compact, and i am seriously needing a left handed holster for my pistol, do you happen tohave left hand holsters just like the one that came with my firearm?

[Edited on 6-30-2009 by Passthru'>