ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jesusjunky1963

Prayer Request

I just thought that it would give those of us who care a general place to look and pray..I am by no means trying to offend anyone . But if they are offended than the need not visit the forum location. There are alot of lost and hurting people in this world and this mite give them a place to find help.. Just a thought

I think it\'s a great Idea, that would help to keep the posts organized in case someone felt compelled to follow up on another members cares and concerns,, anyone who knows me knows I can be as ornery as a three belled tomKat, but I do start everyday with a prayer as I travel up the hiway !!:wave:

Originally posted by carnivoreI think it\'s a great Idea, that would help to keep the posts organized in case someone felt compelled to follow up on another members cares and concerns,, anyone who knows me knows I can be as ornery as a three belled tomKat, but I do start everyday with a prayer as I travel up the hiway !!:wave:

This is what I thought we could track our prayers and pray for those who need it right now. Also we could track answered prayers.I also start each day with a prayer.

Well, I have been pretty much away from the forums for a while, been real busy. but i will give my thoughts on this without trying to offend anyone, please dont take it the wrong way. I beleive in God, i have not been much of a church goer lately, but i used to go to church all the time, I have also been Babtised when i was in my 20\'s into the Church of Christ..so this post is not because i dont believe, but the opposite. I allow prayer requests, there is no way on earth i would stop them, I just would not be comfortable disallowing prayer request, everyone needs them from time to time, probably more than they know. but I am not going to make a forum just for prayer, because if I did, I open up a forum for religion to be inserted into my hunting forums...and topics can get very heated with religion. I am sorry but i just wont do that. Also, I do not allow politics on my forums, I know there is a thread going right now that is nothing but politics, so far it has not turned into a fight. The only reason it still lives is because of that, and since there is so much riding on this election i decided to let it go until it takes a turn for the worst. Everyone is talking about the candidates running, nobody is happy with either one of them. But I am watching it close, if it gets to a point where it looks bad it will go bye bye.. I have a hunting forum, i want visitors and members to be able to come and read about the outdoors and talk the outdoors..if i wanted politics I would have purchased another domain name, and install forums for that. If i wanted religion as my topic, I would have purchased a domain name and installed forums for that as well. but I chose hunting.

I forgot to mention, the Log cabin forum is where this type of posts should go, thats why i have it, it is for chitter chatter about everything or nothing. please understand, it has nothing to do with my belief in our Father and our Savior.

Originally posted by JohnLSWell maybe have a forum for keeping people in need in our thoughts? John

The Log Cabin forum is where we want these topics to be posted. If something is of special interest we can always sticky it to the top of that forum so people can keep track of it easier.