ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Passthru

Anything??

I have been wondering if there was anything about the forums that the members would like to see, any little thing that might make the forums better for you the member? I would also like to take the time to point out that you all have a \"notepad\" for keeping track of anything, I use mine a lot, does anyone else use thiers? I have also gotten a new program and in the process of rebuilding our main site. The thing I dont like about it right now is that the site is writting in html alone, this is an old way of doing things from back when everyone had the same screen resolution of 800X600. there was no need to worry about browser differences back then either. Well things have changed, and to keep up I have been sitting around learning how to apply new code to the html so that the site looks compatible with all browsers and screen resolutions. why am I telling you this? The fact of the matter is is that I just am not an artistic creative person, I am looking for suggestions on how to spruce up the main site and make it look better. if you have any ideas on how it should look or what kind of stuff to have on it I am open to suggestions..very open to suggestions!! no matter if you think it is dumb, truth is I may like it. if you dont want to post your ideas on the open forum you can U2U them to me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^bingo. i have my photobucket set for a certain size (which isnt allowed here), i hate having multiple pic sizes stored on my comp, and or photobucket.also, a free 100 dollar gas card would be nice too:wave:

You guys mean a tool like this?BBCode Image Size Control Status:Enabling this will enforce size controls for BBCode images in posts.Warning! This feature is server intensive if enabled.

Originally posted by deermanYou guys mean a tool like this?BBCode Image Size Control Status:Enabling this will enforce size controls for BBCode images in posts.Warning! This feature is server intensive if enabled.

but that quit working for some reason and pictures stopped working...but that may have been something on the server...new server, maybe a new try. I will see if I can figure out why this is not working anymore and get it fixed..i have been wanting it fixed anyhow, it works wonderfull when its working.

Originally posted by Passthru

but that quit working for some reason and pictures stopped working...but that may have been something on the server...new server, maybe a new try. I will see if I can figure out why this is not working anymore and get it fixed..i have been wanting it fixed anyhow, it works wonderfull when its working.
That\'s kinda what I was getting at, we\'ve tried that feature and had it mess things up totally. Personally I don\'t have any problems resizing and posting pictures. If you don\'t want them in your photobucket account then attach a copy and delete it from your computer when you\'re finished. We have to keep in mind that some 30-40% of our members are on dial-up, large picture files are a problem for them.

Pictures, UGH! Work blocks photobucket and youtube sites and dialup at home is painfully slow. Some way to see pics and vids from shome without any links would be helpful.

Originally posted by WoodsPictures, UGH! Work blocks photobucket and youtube sites and dialup at home is painfully slow. Some way to see pics and vids from shome without any links would be helpful.

Can you see the attached photos from work? Attaching video files would open up a whole new can of worms, not sure thats a viable option.

I don\'t know if it will work with this format, but how about a link from the index page that allows you to go directly to the most recent post in any given topic. I\'ll send you a U2U with a link to a site that is set up that way, so you can look it over to see what I mean.

Originally posted by deerman

Can you see the attached photos from work? Attaching video files would open up a whole new can of worms, not sure thats a viable option.
As long as the pics are hosted on shome an not linked to another site, I can see them from here at work.

Mosparky, got your u2u, are you talking about this, the index all the way to the right side there it has this info?Last post by mudfreakin Re: New Guy Droppin In!!...on June 21, 2008, 09:37:59 PM it takes you to the most recent thread in that forum? we do have something similar except it wont take you to the beggining, it takes you to the very last post..if you look in the same place on the main index, all the way to the right side you will see an icon, you click that icon and it takes you to the very last post in the forum..It would take a pretty good amount of hacking to get it to apear like that, It is most likely out of my league:( but it is a fantastic idead, i like it, i will ask around and see if anyone has time to create such a mod. but I always just go right to the Todays Activity up top to see all the latest threads.