Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntnutsbro

huntnutsbro\'s log

87 posts in this topic

nice - I want to build something like that, but time is limited - put in right place and it\'s good for years, unlike the tents/popupsneed to find some scrap treated wood

well, im happy as can be. if you check my truth 35 cam pics thread you will know what im happy about! lol no major bruisers like alot of guys, but for s.w. mo im happy. they all seem to be big bodied dudes to. and one has that swayed back like a good mature buck. so we will see. now, if they stick around long enough for me to stick one! :woohoo:

well, the rut is in full swing here! i see bucks chasing every morning and night, as im heading out or coming home from work! lol i am very hopeful that tuesday and wednesday is just as good. i watched a nice young 8 point chase a doe across a field at the end of our road as i came in tonight just before dark. he stopped at the edge of the trees about 40 or 50 yards from my van, i gave him a snort wheeze and he took a few steps in my direction. lol then decided the van was a lil bigger i guess. then he tore off thru the woods chasing the doe again. so i am pumped up, have been seeing the chasing for about 5 days now. and with the cooler weather coming, it should be good. good luck to everyone that out there.

well, i must be doing something right! i have never seen so many bucks and action from them on our property ever! went out this morning and sat in the blind, seen 12 or more deer, and 3 shooter bucks! one young 8, and the big mature 6. and then at 9 am i had rattled and grunted a bit and this dude grunted at me and came in. didnt get close enough for the bow, but i got him with the ole 30-30! 11 score able points, double main beam buck we called \"Beamer\".needless to say i am one happy hunter! first missouri buck under my belt. and im ready for more. we have a couple more that i would like to see! and i really want one with my bow!:thumbup:

post-76-13958931473_thumb.jpg

well, no archery buck for me this year looks like! but, it was a good year. got a big doe with the bow, and the buck i was after with my rifle. checked the camera today, had this guy buy yesterday morning it looks like. the camera is 20 yards to the left of one of my blinds. he looks to be a young deer, so he should be fun to see next year. they are still holding headgear, hoping to see em start sheddin quick cause i want to shed hunt! lol