ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
huntnutsbro

huntnutsbro\'s log

well just got the new computer up and goin last night. the old one kicked the bucket on me. opening weekend didnt produce any meat in the freezer, but i did see alot of deer. dad called last night and said he got me permision to hunt the 170 acres behind his place. been wanting to get on this piece of poperty for 2 years, it holds the bucks in our area. owner said he has seen 2 nice 10 points runnin it. so i am lookin foward to my next trip to his place on the weekend of the 28th! wish me luck everyone.

well, think i just sold my beloved hoyt! i have injured my bow arm elbow, not sure how or what i have done, but the hoyt is just too heavy for me to carry. cant hardly sleep after hunting cause my elbow throbs so bad. gonna try and find a nice used light weight bow( light phisical weight that is, not draw wieght as i only pull mid 60\'s anyway), or a rifle. may just get back into coyote huntin, and then rifle hunt this year if the elbow doesnt get better. anyway, i did check out the new piece of property that i can hunt and it looks good, but......i got about a hundred or more seed ticks on me also sunday. and man i hate ticks! so i may just wait till it gets cold to go do any hunting anyway!

well, i guess i am gonna be rifle hunting only this year! so i sold my bow and picked up a digital trail cam, a moultrie 4.0 and 2 1gig sd cards, so i am gonna try and set it up at my dads overlookin my food plot. hope to see some deer there.

well, i took the 308, and my oldest son to the rifle range saturday. have not shot it since rifle season last year, and she spit 5 shots in the orange one inch dot. had bought some fusion lite reduced recoil loads for him, and they shot about 4 inches low, so i brought the scope up 12 clicks, and she was good. he shot 5 rounds and did pretty good. it is too long for him, but he enjoyed shooting it, and with my shooting sticks i think he will be able to get a deer this weekend. he was so proud of himself when i put a 3 inch orange clay pigeon out there at 100 yds and he scattered it. was awsome to see him shoot, and smile about it. i think he is hooked now! we will see what happens this weekend. wish us luck.

well the boy got his first deer yesterday. had sat a field i had seen 2 does in friday night, but seen nothing saturday morning, so we decided to try it again in the afternon, and we got in there around 4:30, about an hour later the same 2 does came out about 200 yds down the field like clockwork. we watched them feed toward us, and at 65 yds chris made a good shot on her! i was way more excited then he was i think.

Originally posted by huntnutsbrowell the boy got his first deer yesterday. had sat a field i had seen 2 does in friday night, but seen nothing saturday morning, so we decided to try it again in the afternon, and we got in there around 4:30, about an hour later the same 2 does came out about 200 yds down the field like clockwork. we watched them feed toward us, and at 65 yds chris made a good shot on her! i was way more excited then he was i think.

o, here is a pic of him with his first deer.

post-0-139589277461_thumb.jpg

well, no horns in my hands yet! but we have seen a couple of good ones running this last weekend. came home after goin to town pulled down the drive about 3:30 and a nice big 8 pointer was standin in the hayfield. so we hit the woods. i grabbed my dads 30-30 because i was goin to go rattle and i wanted a gun with open sights. dad grabbed my 308 and sat at the edge of the hayfield, another nice buck stepped out into my foodplot, dad shot, and he thought he hit him. we looked for an hour or so, no blood. that is when i noticed what shells he grabbed and he grabbed my sons reduced recoil loads that shoot 4plus inches low! so i kinda screwed that one up for him, i should have taken those outa my bag before i left the house! anyway, was a good weekend to say the least. we will be back at it tomorrow.

well, went to a new spot this morning, was a nice morning to be out,,,,,for a couple of hours then the rain got heavier and the temps got lighter! burrrrr. anyway, stuck it out and had a nice 8 or 9 point non typical come by at about 8:30, perfect right side with 4 or 5 points, but the left had the main beam and 2 lil points stickin up, and 2 drops comin off it! he was a 2 and a half year old, if he makes it a year or gtwo he will be a dandy! gonna try it again tommorow, hopefully a buddy brings me a climber to use!

well i am online, i bought a playstation3 and they are wireless capable! pretty cool. so i did not hunt much after mid november, and i didnt get a deer. but i had an awsome year anyway, my son got his first deer as you all know, and life is goin pretty good. will probably just rifle hunt next year with my boy and pops, elbow is givin me fits so i am hangin the bow stuff up! for a year anyway. glad to be back!

well, ive not been on the boards in a long while, had issues with alot of things over the past year or so. but things are good now. have moved out to dads place by pomme de terre lake, got a food plot started for next year. also lookin for a new riffle, is there anyone on here that is a savage dealer? if so let me know, got a question on a couple of riffles they have coming out. anyways, dont have internet out at the house as of yet, but i can log on at work it looks like. talk to you all soon.

well my new cell phone is smart it says. got er wired to the computer and what do ya know, i got internet in the boonies for cheap! lol so just thought i would drop a line and say hi, and im gonna try and be around more these days. gonna be coyote huntin a bunch and deer is always my #1 game. did shoot a doe this year with my bow, first one with archery gear.