Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntnutsbro

huntnutsbro\'s log

87 posts in this topic

been yote hunting every weekend in feb. no luck. went out sat. morning, on public land, nothin again, so went to a spot my aunt owns and we set up. howled a few times, then hit the cotton tail distress 2 times, had not got the call out of my mouth and here one come! stopped infront of us 15 yds out and right infront of me, but too much brush for a shot. eric was 15 yds to my right and he got the shot. bang flop!! first yote of 06! we were stoked, going to try again next weekend! we also seen 2 big flocks of turkeys, about 30 to 40 each. turkey season looking good so far! cant wait.

well guys and gals, we are heaed out tommorow, with the shotguns. going to try at get a yote with some buckshot or t\'s. will take the .204 just incase. wish me luck.

well no luck this week end. seen more turkeys though, same spot as last weekend. not as many, may be breaking up already. seen one that was tanish color with white feather tips. well it is time to hang up the yote chasing and start fishing and turkey scouting some more!

well i am stoked to find out my brotherinlaws dad is letting me use his winchester superx2 for turkey season, bro said he may sell it to me down the road!!! 3 1/2 inch turkey loads will put a smack on em! i love those guns, best shotgun on the market i think! :cheers: cant wait to get it and put a good choke in it and see what it will do.

well, the 22-250 shoot inch groups with winchester white box factory cheapo ammo. will be getting a reloader so i will get some good loads worked up and get it better! went to stockton to catch some fish and had a blast. we thought it was going to be a bad day, cause the storm that was coming, but after it blew thru, the sun came out and the crappie and large mouth were biting. we caught about 35 to 40 fish today, and lost about that many! they were all good size slabs also! the turkey gun also throws a good pattern, 2 shells and i knew that it would be a good turkey getter. all in all it was a good outing.

Dang ole man, you just accomplished more in a couple weekends than I\'ve done since deer season. Congrats on the coydog. My baby brother brought in about 5# of crappie and bass fillets to work last night and fed half the crew, sure was some good eatin!!

well i got all the parts for my .308 comin finally. hope to get it together and see what it will do. glad turkey season is over! man i got so mad, turkeys gobblin their heads off but would not come in! oh well, got a couple of neuscience coyotes to take care of this weekend. been gettin a buddies uncle chickens. gonna let the 22-250 bark a couple times this weekend i guess. :sniper:

well, been bout a year since i was on the site, but im back! went through some tough times last year, family and job! but we are good now. did do some deer hunting with the old man and he shot a nice nine pointer at his place opening morning last year. i have a great job now, work at john deere in rogersville, busy in the summer but get to hunt alot in the winter months. gonna work out pretty good! got into archery pretty heavy over the last year, shoot alot of 3d. glad to see the site is going strong!

Yep, bout time ya got back in here,Glad ya got the wrinkles ironed out on the work front.. That crap can lay heavy on a fella.. Where\'s HuntinNut?

he just had a new baby girl! so hes been busy. he will start comin around more often. hes been thinkin of movin to missouri, if he can find a decent job and a house. yes the job situation will land a guy in a rut! glad its over with. you would think after 4 years at the same job, they would pay a guy what he is worth. when i got offered the job at john deere, i gave up 4 weeks vacation there this year cause the pay was what i thought i deserved at deere!

I\'ll bet ya made the right choice, todays corporations were wondering a few years back why employees don\'t build dedication to them for lifetime service,, The proof is in the puddin, most companies today don\'t have good mgmt that value or nurture emplorer/employee relations.. Atleast it\'s like that where I work..So there\'s a new female shomeoutdoors member just droolin to get at that keyboard huh? Tell him all the guys and gals send Him and the Mrs. congrats, and we\'re lookin forward to pics...

well i just seen a good friend yesterday at the archery shop. had not seen him in a week or so, and he said he went to wilsons creek nat. battlefield park to walk the road that goes thru it, and he came upon a nice trail from deer and he stepped off the trrail to check it out, and he said he didi not get off far and he got home and thoought he better check for ticks. did not find any. well the next day he found on, and to make a long story shorter, he got rocky mtn tick fever. doc has him on heavy antibiotics for three weeks. he said he feels a little better, but he still aches all over and gets headaches so bad they make him dizzy! glad he is gettin better, but i live less than 4 miles from there and now it gets ya thinkin! :puzzled: i aint goin in the woods for awhile!!!:scream: dont like them critters anyways!:ar15:

well, i wished deer season would get here! i better quit sayin that though, its like i blinked and junes almost gone! but, dad says the food plot is growin like crazy. and he has a doe 75 yards from the house with fawns. just ready to break out the camo and blend in the woods some more!