Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoHuntress

Farming

6 posts in this topic

Do any of you do any farming?  I love farming and I'd like to hear about your farm and what you do. Do you raise cattle, hogs, put in crops?  

I take care of 20 head of cattle and raise chickens. I also help my brother in law with his cattle on thd other farm. He has around 100 head there. A couple weeks ago, we ran all of the cows and heifers through the chute to be fly tagged and AI'd.   Below, are some pics of the 20 that I take care of myself.   They may be a bit spoiled. Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My awesome chickens. I have raised these since they were a day old. They are four years old now. I'm planning on adding some more hens real soon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

No row crops on our farm but we do put up hay for our horses and the guy who cuts it takes the rest.  Best of both worlds, free hay and don't have to buy equipment.  We also raise chickens  but get way more eggs than we can use so we give them to friends and family.  Always have a big garden.  I would like to run some cattle but the wife isn't crazy about the idea. Actually I have enough to do on this place as it is.

MoHuntress likes this

No Farmin' here in the burbs, but just up the highway, the grandkids have 4H pigs going. Dang things are like Big smelly puppies. Gentle as can be and LOVE attention. 

MoHuntress likes this

I'm in the burbs too, but I raise a vegetable garden, fruit orchard of sorts(peaches, plums, apples, mulberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, figs, grapes and mandarin oranges) and New Zealand White rabbits for personal use and to sell processed and packaged to coworkers and friends.  I'll try to get some pics of the rabbits to post tomorrow.

MoHuntress likes this