Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RB.

Where is everybody?

21 posts in this topic

Been a while since anyone posted here so thought I would kick one off.  I check in from time to time but usually nothing new.  Have you started your gardens yet?  I have maters, peppers, broccoli and Brussels sprouts in.  Be planning beans, greens and cukes this afternoon.  Nothing much to takes pics of maybe later.

Yeah, I figured we'd be seeing some dead bird photos this morning. I just got back from Kansas and I am wore slick! The toms are henned up something fierce where I was hunting and I couldn't do anything with them. I got a lot of exercise but nothing to show for my efforts.

Darren

Tom's here on our farm are pretty quiet.  Had a lone hen walking behind the house yesterday clucking and putting looking for love but never heard a tom answer.  Been the most quiet spring we have had here.  Plus we have found zero morels on our place and looked all over with a bunch of kids helping.

Wow, two members actually read this and replied. Keep up the good work guys.  When these boards go to sleep its hard to wake them up.

I was bowhunting yesterday and called in three toms who proceeded to ignore my decoys and stay out of my shooting range. They left and I even called them back. At one time, all three were standing 25 yards away gobbling their heads off but would not step one foot closer to my setup. I think it's time to put away the selfbow, blind, and decoys and break out the flintlock!

Darren

Been a while since anyone posted on this thread so thought I would light it up again.  Anybody been doing any fishing this spring?  I have been on two great trips. One to Louisiana where we caught redfish and sheepshead.  Topped off with a 30 lb redfish that I landed. Then on to Truman in April. Snagging on LOZ and crappie fishing on Truman. Storms shut down the crappie bite the only day we had to fish them but did manage a 6lb walleye and some nice spoonies.  C'mon you fisherman lets light this hunting place up a bit.

As I said before I check in almost nightly. Site has been down a few days and I was afraid Admin had pulled the plug. So glad that was not the case. If I didn.t work 7 days a week I.d certainly post more. These days I have to live vicariously (sp) through you folks, so get posting...PLEASE.

Haven't checked in since last August.  Something strange was happening with my computer and I just attributed it to the site being discontinued.  Decided, on a whim, to see if site was still up and whamo!  All is right with the world. 

I'm here. I put in a tiny garden of tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, cantaloupe, and watermelon. 

I just canned 40lbs of tomatoes early this week.  The only thing doing well in the garden besides the tomatoes is my Cajun bellpepper and the cucumbers after being in the ground for 2 months are just now starting to vine.

MoHuntress likes this

Interestingly this post has over 70 views and few responses most of which are mine.  MoHuntress, that does not sound like a small garden.  Bowonly, how and the heck did you get 40 lbs of maters already? I just picked my first ripe one yesterday. Our garden is doing well and for the first time I'm growing artichokes.  I hope people keep posting on this thread.

MoHuntress likes this

In Louisiana it gets hot real early.  Pulled my tomato plants out this past weekend.  My garden is usually done by July 4th.  Any later than that and until September the stink bugs are too bad to keep off the plants.  Spraying will keep them away for a few days, but that's about all you can expect.  Not worth the fight.

MoHuntress likes this

Didn't realize you were in Louisiana.  That make sense then because my sis in law has been getting maters since about April.  We were down visiting in March and a buddy from there took me to Venice for redfish and we had a blast.  I boated a 30lber.  Stayed at his buddy's fish camp and had a boil.  Great time and folks.  Love it down there.  You guys are so lucky to have so much great fishing and hunting.  We're good here but no salt water.  Thanks for keeping this going.

MoHuntress likes this

I'm going to pretend I know what all that stuff is. I seen 'maters at the end of one row, but the rest don't look like anything I ever tried to grow. The garden in general looks better than mine ever did !

MoHuntress likes this

Lol. Thanks Mo!  There's tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, canteloupe, and green beans. In a different area, I have watermelon.