Cherokee

Laid up now- No hunting for me this year.

11 posts in this topic

I was at my bosses farm clearing a horse trail and I broke my ankle. Happened on 10/16, had surgery on the 21st and I'm at home as of the evening of the 22nd. 

1 steel plate, 6 screws & a bolt holding the bones together. I'm down for 3 months, no weight on it at all. 

I'm only asking for prayers please.  

Thank you guys... 

You know how everyone is so sue happy these days? I decided to Not get an attorney. My boss is a great guy & all I really want is my job back. No amount of money is going to help this. It's broken, it wasn't his fault, it wasn't my fault. It was an accident. 

God told us to Not sue each other, at least that's what my KJV Bible tells me. My boss is a good Christian man & good jobs are very hard to find. They're taking care of my ankle & everything is going good. 

Thanks for the prayers, I appreciate them. 

I saw the x-rays... I've got 8 screws and a steel plate. 

I dodged the Big bullet today.  My left calf muscle has been hurting, so I called my doc this morning. They wanted me to go in  so they could see my leg. I get there, they cut cast off & send me straight to the hospital. Did an ultrasound on my calf muscle. I have multiple clots. They said these kill ppl instantly. Now I'm on blood thinners & complete bed rest. Well now I've got lots of time to read my KJV. ? No hunting for me at all this year. I have only 1 friend come by & see me. I worked with 340 guys & not 1 of them has stopped & 50 or so drive right by my place everyday.  Get hurt or disabled & you'll sure find out who cares & who could care less. Ain't that something... Oh well, at least God cares. 

Edited by Cherokee

Spending time in His word is a great way to refocus our priorities in life!  I will continue to pray for your recovery!  If you ever need a sounding board drop me a pm and I will send you my number!  God bless Cherokee!

Thanks bowonly. God bless you too. 

Ankle doing better. In a compression boot now. Blood clots gone now, I think. I can't put any pressure or weight on it until January. So,while I'm off work I'm getting my fishing stuff ready for spring. Bills not getting paid & not sure what we will have to give up first. Just when things look like I'm pulling out of a deep ditch, I get knocked right back down. 

Maybe I'll get to go spring turkey hunting, but I'm not counting on it.?

I just got released to go back to work on February 11th.  Broke my ankle on Oct 16 & been off work this whole time. Just about to lose everything & be homeless again. I was asked if I put up one of those "fund me" pages & I said I had, but no response out of it at all. Then the person unfriended & blocked me on Facebook... I don't get it. I know we all struggle, I know.  People don't care any more what anyone else is going through. It seems fair weather friends are all we have today and that's a sad thing. I have neighbors in our apartment complex who I haven't met & frankly don't care to meet. Society has become crap, Nobody cares. I'd bet very few even read this. Sorry for venting, but good grief... 

I'm sorry that you are having a tough time.  I'm glad that your ankle is better and that you're back on your feet!  That's great news !