ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oneshot 1

Ok My New Gun?

Ok I have a Benelli Ribbed Barrel with Double Bead. I'm wanting to use it for Turkeys.

All my other Plain Barreled Shotguns I have just looked down the Barrel, not seeing anything but the Bead, did very well including one Gun I could consistently hit a Soda Can at 50 yards with a Slug. I tried same with the Benelli, shot way low, tried stacking Front Bead on Back Bead still low. Yesterday put Turkey Choke in, backed off 20 yards, loaded with 2 3/4 inch, #6 Shot.

First shot I sighted down the Rib, had about an inch between Beads. Elevation was right but hit just to the left, shot again the same, Readjusted my cheek and way I lined the Beads up. Hit where I wanted.

Ok my questions. The Gun can shoot 3 1/2 Inch Shells, I'm thinking just stay with 3 inch Shells. I have a Choke Tue for Full Choke, thinking of using it. My Choke Tube says Lead Only, will Copper Plated be ok?

Thoughts and advice?

oneshot

:D The Big Grin would stay with Front Stuffer. 

I have a Benelli Nova pump gun I bought several years ago for turkeys that will shoot 3 1/2" shells and every turkey I've ever killed with it could have been just as easily killed with a 3" shell. The longer shells cost more to buy and hurt more to shoot. I'd stick with the 3" shells.

Darren

I have a Benelli Nova pump gun I bought several years ago for turkeys that will shoot 3 1/2" shells and every turkey I've ever killed with it could have been just as easily killed with a 3" shell. The longer shells cost more to buy and hurt more to shoot. I'd stick with the 3" shells.

Darren

Same Gun thinking of just using the Full Choke. The Turkey Choke I have seems way too tight.

oneshot