ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron Kruger

Help for shotgun coyotes

Not sure what you're asking... Trouble killing them or trouble seeing them? I like #4 buckshot as far as coyote loads and use a foxpro electronic call. Be aware of the wind direction, they like to approach or circle downwind

Thanks Killmode. I've been hunting all my life, including a couple of decades of successful  bow hunting and turkey hunting, but I'm finding getting coyotes in close is the biggest challenge of all. I have a squeaker and a yelper. Guess I'm going to have to get an electronic call.

Lots of good ones. U won't need tapes. They come now with dozens to hundreds of sounds already loaded in them. My brother and I both have foxpros but as I said, lots more options out there now.

Have you ever tried "roosting" them like you would turkeys with a howler? A couple evenings spent locating them at dark will give you a good idea where they will be heading in the morning to day areas/dens where they feel safer in daylight.

It's pretty big, and the first thing I thought when I got it, was this would be great if it was incased in something that looked like a rabbit or some other critter. I may look for some stuffed toy to put it in. If I could have some movement incorporated, I think I'd really have something.