Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jessejmc1979

New here.

9 posts in this topic

Hello!  First off I am a country boy from Northern Wisconsin that is sick and tired of our uninhabitable winters up here!  I have been to Missouri quite a few times (mostly just on I35), and this spring my wife and I went to Branson and then to Hot Springs, AR.  I always liked Missouri but I (we) absolutely fell in love with your state after seeing the southern part of the state.  I have just applied for a transfer to the Ft. Leonard Wood within the company that I work for.  I love to coon, and squirrel hunt with my Mtn. Cur.  I also really enjoy deer hunting and fish quite a bit also.  I grew up raising quarter horses, and currently have 3 that we just trail ride with (no snoody toody showing lol.)  My 7 year old boy loves hunting with "his" cur dog, fishing and riding the horses.  We also like helping mama in the garden and canning the harvest (when the rabbits don't clean us out!)  So with that long winded introduction do you think there's room enough for a yankee country boy, and his family in your state?  Also any tips, or advice on things down there are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!   

Welchjall likes this

Welcome to smo! It's good to have ya! Great bunch of folks here.. things have been a Lil slow but are picking up with the coming fall. You'll be in a nice part of the state and not too far from me. Maybe an hour or so.. so hang around and talk us up and tell us some stories! And we love pics around here. So post em up!

Welcome... Where in WI are you from? Have a cheesehead from Appleton here (GO PACK), my father originated in Elcho, up near Rhinelander.  I know what you mean by uninhabitable winters, last one before I moved back down here had a week of 40 below with a windchill of 80 below.  For those that have never experienced this level of cold, be thankful!  I never complain about the cold here in MO.

I live outside of Rice Lake right now, but I grew up in a small town between Eau Claire, and Lacrosse.  Two winters ago was super cold and snowy but last year was ridiculous!  The whole month of MARCH was below zero and the snow piles at the end of my driveway were 15' tall!  I really think that Missouri is some of the most beautiful country that I've ever seen.  Thanks for the welcome guys.

I whole-heartedly welcome you to both SMO and southern Missouri-- having been born and raised here in the southern part of the state, I can sympathize with why you fell in love with the area! Hope you and your family find yourselves here comfortably!