MoHuntress

If you'd like to comment on a competitors blog....

59 posts in this topic

Better luck next time, Oneshot! What you were doing before they showed up was probably way more important than field dressing a deer anyway [emoji120] [emoji6]

Sassyred do you Tool your Leather on Marble? I have a Big piece I have used for years.

Use to sell some Leather work but no one wants to pay for Tooled Leather, so many anymore just Stamp it. To me it just looks cheap. Just like made my Granddaughter a cheap Purse, if I had sold it I would have had to have $100.

Just Tool for myself :)

oneshot

I do. I think the marble helps to get good impressions in the leather. I agree about stamping. I turned a few Christmas orders down this year because I was asked for "really nice" stuff, but could you just stamp it? I realize I still have a lot to learn, but after seeing what I've made completely by hand, and they still ask for something stamped, is like a slap in the face. My Mom bought me the materials to make her a deerskin purse, and it's a pretty simple design, but the leather and other materials it takes to make it cost around $100. I've found that a majority of local people don't want to pay what it costs for the materials, much less the labor, but I do have really good luck selling stuff on etsy.

Awesome job on your clock, by the way [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sassyred I've been  geocaching for long time but have a pretty good GPS. Have found many Catches locally three in Lebanon, one Lead Mine CA.

I have Droid, hate it, I want my IPhone back but still have couple months on my contract :angry:

oneshot