ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoHuntress

ONESHOT 1

Well guess I'm using my 45Cal. Alternative Season. Put a Nikon Scope on it, got some 40Cal., 180gr.  XTP Pistol Bullets with Sabots, pushed by 80gr. Pyrodex RS.

My wife said you might as well kill Deer with it, know it will you killed 450 pound Hog with it :D

I was shooting it today my neighbors wanted to know what kind of Cannon I was shooting? Heck they should hear me shooting the 54Cal.

oneshot

Well I'm about to give up on Deer Season. I only have Antlerless Tags and only have one place close to use one. It is only little over 300 acres and it has been hunted very hard. Only other option is to get Any Deer Tag but my wife said no not this late in the Game. 

Started driving over there this morning went around a curve, there was this little Guy in middle of the road. Hit him doing about 60MPH, hit in the Hams. Even though he didn't look busted up, both Hams were mush, my wife said probably most the Spine, she wouldn't be able to salvage enough to bring him to the House.

SAM_0016_zps5f3c3741.jpg

Get over where I was hunting. This Hunter was there

SAM_0010_zps1fa6d1ad.jpg

Sat here watching a Saddle. Waited long enough, decided to look around, no Tracks, looked like they had cleaned up most the acorns.

SAM_0014_zpsb3295409.jpg

Decided to go to the Bottoms and look around, seen some sign, seemed get all the way at the end of the field but it would only be good in evenings. So this evening I was setting there. See Grey and White coming through the thick brush, I'm just setting watching, then see something Big and Black. It was a Guy and his Daughter, she was wearing a Grey Coat. They was checking Traps past me and was going to be checking them same time every day. I sat what little bit of light was left after they left. Thought so much for this plan.

SAM_0017_zps9eddfe85.jpg

Get back to the Parking Lot, ran into couple Guys there, one of them I grew up by 43 years ago. He told me the House I was raised in was no longer there. But they also said they have been hunting this place and wasn't seeing anything.

Well I got couple Does in the Freezer. Change of Plans next season, should be much better.

oneshot

Lord taking care of His child. Cool rainy day, thinking of some people up North cutting holes in ice just to get some fish. Not me Blessed with a river that stays open year round.

Got some worms went down Limit of Goggle Eye. Could have sorted through but they was ok, throwed one back.

SAM_0038_zpse361b576.jpg

SAM_0037_zps18e71847.jpg

oneshot

Seen Red doing some Leather Work, been years since I've done any, still have the Tools, Red inspired me to give it a try. Tooled this Clock, not real Happy with the Deer, I couldn't find the Tool I wanted for it.

Oh well like I say been years, I'm needing a New Billfold be my next project. Might not be real pretty but I'll be the one really looking at it :P  

SAM_0039_zps2bd0978a.jpg

oneshot