Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoHuntress

ONESHOT 1

136 posts in this topic

Did a Float Shuttle for my Son. Interesting learning his Pickup, oh it says 5 Speed but only has 4 Gears, you might have to play with the Key to get it to start, you have to slam the Door to get it to shut, forget that it broke just strap it shut. They went over night said Niangua was lower than they had ever seen it.

SAM_0020_zps70bca637.jpg

SAM_0021_zpsb425918a.jpg

SAM_0025_zpsa1fe41c7.jpg

More pictures coming

Ok I have lived in several States and traveled to most but never have thoroughly explored my Home State of Missouri.

Found I once again going to be hunting almost in Arkansas in Gainesville, MO. I've always enjoyed it down there but always thought not what I enjoy in the way of fishing.

My Son is in Forsyth and was talking about all the fishing there. Well I had been fishing many times upstream from him in Taneycomo by Branson for Trout. Thought ok I will check out fishing by him where Taneycomo and Bull Shoals come together. Wow very good fishing for whatever.

So last night I was thinking about Gainesville, checked about fishing. Norfolk and Bull Shoals Lakes along with all kinds of government land to hunt. I thought what the heck lets see if there is isolated land for sale at reasonable price. Found 40 acres.

Got to thinking in truth I have all I want here other than isolation but if I was younger wouldn't think twice about moving down there.

oneshot

My wife fixes my Lunch when she isn't working. This morning she was getting ready to leave. Dear what you got in mind for my Lunch? Well you could thaw out some fish, you got Squirrel.

Well didn't want to thaw fish, Squirrels I had were Old didn't want to slow cook. Well rained last night and everyone has went home from Labor Day. I decided to go down catch couple Trout. On way down seen a nice Bobcat. There is 638 acres going up for Auction, don't see me getting money for it but would be nice.

Got over to the river, it was up but pretty clear. Caught my Lunch, good enough. Fried Trout, Salad and Baked Potato.

SAM_0053_zps6dd30973.jpg

SAM_0054_zps2e856246.jpg

SAM_0055_zpse61563c4.jpg

oneshot

Busy morning getting things done before Archery Season.

Had some Roosters to kill. Was plucking but decided better to skin. My wife is going to Can them.

SAM_0057_zps82c03d1e.jpg

Also Mum is the word

SAM_0058_zps6cef12b9.jpg

Pretty

SAM_0059_zpsf665365e.jpg

Also my wife Canned Salsa, Turnip Greens and Squirrel. She told me she lost a bunch of money under the Deck, so I get Drill remove Screws, I told her I get half, no it goes back to the store. I get Board off, $1, YOUR KIDDING!! $1.

I'm hurting way too Bad, shoes off, Pain Medication taking effect. :)

oneshot

We went to Mansfield to Learn more Old Ways and try New stuff. Place was very isolated and beautiful view, very simple made me Homesick for our old place.

There was more Quail around there than I had seen in a long time. Use to have Setters and hunted all the time. Been years since I've even ate Quail :(

Old Wood Cook Stove, funny I was one showing how to use it.

001_zps1e728dee.jpg

She liked me, I miss my Goats. Even though we was eating her Kid.

003_zpsa32e9dcb.jpg

Her Kid very Good slow cooked

006_zpsc1ac18f2.jpg

They also had Composting Toilet using Wood Pellets, they said they worked good but I still like Green Sawdust. They showed how to use many Hand Tools including a variety of Scythes. Many Gardening ideas. Had variety of Foods including several Pickles that I had never had.

Oh if I was 40 years younger me and my wife would be living so much simpler. There is property down there but me and my wife are not able to go back to this life :(

Couple more Pictures coming

Went down to Forsyth to visit my Son, went fishing at Taneycomo, he was saying there was a Slot Limit, I told him no it was up above Fall Creek. It was raining, long as it was they was biting. We caught a couple.

We went exploring looking for places to Camp. Seems it was going to cost a few $$ but found plenty of Camping.

Checked out Bull Shoals seems there hasn't been any water running all Summer so fishing had been slower than normal.

SAM_0100_zpsa265f5b7.jpg

Rain is good

SAM_0083_zps5bba1fdf.jpg

We had visitors

SAM_0096_zps9a085d12.jpg

More pictures coming

Cool and rainy today I thought I would Squirrel Hunt and scout for Deer and if it quit raining, shoot some Rifles.

Found a place in the Bottoms that look promising.

SAM_0105_zpsbcc49184.jpg

Got 4 Squirrels, could have got more if that was all I was doing

SAM_0106_zps89a5d928.jpg

Didn't quit raining so I didn't shoot my Rifles.

Well went out Deer Hunting this morning. Didn't see anything to shoot at. Going to have to make changes, I'm hurting so bad.

Here is little Old Me

SAM_0108_zps2296fff0.jpg

Area I was watching

SAM_0109_zps19180330.jpg

oneshot

Went out this afternoon scouting for Deer and if I seen any Squirrels try to get them. I found some good Deer sign and seen one young fat Buck. Didn't see any Squirrels.Decided to go to the river see if I could catch any Trout, using Power Bait.

I never had seen the river so low. Guy come by in a Small Jon Boat said he was catching Goggle Eye. Didn't get any Trout decided to go, was reeling in realized I had a Fish on.

SAM_0110_zpsc8470640.jpg

Looks like I need to get my Little Jon out.

Oh well any day in the outdoors is a Good Day.

oneshot

Well at the Farm for couple days looks Good, I put Curtains in the Shooting house. Found Deer sign all over but only seen one Turkey. Got back to the Cabin late so will hunt in the morning.

My Home

SAM_0135_zpsd5ef87fc.jpg

The Shooting House

SAM_0127_zpsb321cf81.jpg

One of the Fields

SAM_0133_zps2879e9ed.jpg

More Pictures coming

Well this morning setting in my Blind reading my Bible, hey I need all the help I can get :lol: . Looked up seen a Doe 50 yards down from me. I Doe Bleated, she took off. Hey I have had this work many times.

Went back to reading look up there is a Doe and 3 Fawns. Another Doe shows. I Bleat the Old Doe was coming but Fawns were in the way, finally she is open. I shoot just over her Back. Oh well.

Got some work done around here resting right now.

oneshot