Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoHuntress

ONESHOT 1

136 posts in this topic

Well went up to Truman Lake to work on our Cabin there.

Seen plenty of Deer and Turkeys not the best pic but a Doe that had a Fawn with her.

002_zps15790c27.jpg

Plenty of Corn

006_zps2f71af00.jpg

Yes I drive

008_zpsa96d7bf2.jpg

More pics coming

The Cabin looks better once it's mowed around

014_zps18680f73.jpg

Hey will have T.V., Refrigerator, Cook Stove, Running Water and Hot Water, Oh yea a Toilet. 

009_zps42a6cccd.jpg

010_zps946f65f1.jpg

More pics coming

Our Toilet

016_zpsd715e4a6.jpg

Back of Cabin, Propane Tank for my Heater and my Water Tank

015_zps9adfce6e.jpg

On the way home I decided to go exploring. She said this is not a road.

018_zps48138414.jpg

More pics coming

Went to Family Reunion today, first one in many years.\

Clear looking at couple of my Cousins where I get my Good looks :P

021_zps15215de1.jpg

My Baby Brother on his Ride, he is Retired Army

019_zpsd712739c.jpg

Some of the area I use to hunt where I had my first Farm. Lots of Big Deer.

025_zpscabbe8e9.jpg

oneshot

3 days and 1,000 miles. Started out Saturday going 100 miles to Family Reunion, coming back stopped picked up my Mother in Law to move her from Kansas. She was suppose to have a Trailer we could use but went to get it and didn't have the right Plug for the Lights, so called her Husband and he said he had one.

So we came home headed West next morning with my Mother in Law and her 3 Dogs. Got to her Sisters about Dinner time. Her Husband was there. We started loading on the Pickup, took break for Dinner, go back out. How much more does she have? This is it. Well we can haul all this on the Pickup if its strapped down good. Ok your the Boss.

Got it loaded went over to her Husbands house, decided we needed to strap it more and I needed to fix my spare, so we spent night there. Next morning fixed Spare, get all strapped good. Heading for Missouri. Miles of nothing but drove about 70MPH all the way.

Got where they are moving. Grandkids unloaded. Went by where I use to hunt 30 years ago. There was 4 Deer in the field. Stopped ate Supper drove another 2 hours home.

Pictures to come

Last night I went fishing at Pomme de Terre Lake on the Dock by the Dam. Have caught Catfish there before but been couple years. Cast out half way across the Cove, kept getting hung up in Crappie Beds so only thing I could do it cast as far as I could.

Was getting couple Bites but they wouldn't comment. I thought well maybe my Leader was too long so I shorten them. It rained some. Fished for 5 hours decided I had enough fun. There was about 10 people there Crappie fishing and they didn't do any good either.

Got a New IPad, thought I would read a Book I had on it. Well sun shinning behind me made it interesting but I could read. After dark it drawed many, many Bugs so no go there.

001_zps215ad061.jpg

oneshot

Been working in my Garden. Went back through picked what I missed yesterday. Cleared my Green Beans out planted Fall Garden. I tried planting my Potatoes in Straw, didn't work well so I'm thinking go back to old way. I only planted 5 Potatoes so I got my Seed back.

What I missed yesterday

004_zpsf2b78701.jpg

My Big Potato harvest, I'm going to replant Green Beans where I had them.

003_zps85e98e26.jpg

Replanted this, got Collards, Turnips, Carrots, Lettuce and Onions.

005_zps3d91a65e.jpg

oneshot

Well yesterday being too Hot to be Squirrel Hunting and my wife at work I decided to go fishing. Was going to go down to the river Trout fishing but decided to go to the creek Bluegill and Catfishing.

Got over there and set up caught several Bluegill and two Channel Cats. Got home my wife said me going fishing and Hunting we're going to have to have company regular to be making room in the Freezer.

The Creek, oh not good to get into Poison Ivy up on the Tree :lol:

001_zps11035cc4.jpg

005_zps6ac8a885.jpg

Few more pictures coming

Might have to do some Deer hunting over there, plenty of Corn and Beans.

002_zpsf1f10a6a.jpg

Just across the road was several Does. My Camera isn't all that hot at a distance.

004_zpse0afcd48.jpg

One a little closer

007_zps2bb0c153.jpg

I have killed several Deer there including a 135 inch 8 point.

oneshot

Was so very busy this last Hot weekend out at the Farm. We put up a Shooting house looking down one ditch and a field. Going to put Burlap Curtains over the Window. We also finished making the Cabin more Air tight.

441_zps45e6e554.jpg

439_zps9048e0fc.jpg

440_zpsd40e8906.jpg

More pictures coming

Well cool weather decided to make a day of it fishing at Pomme de Terre Lake. Hadn't ever fished next to the Dam but even though it was hard getting over there, there was deep water and didn't get hung up but then again I didn't catch anything.

Went ate Lunch and went to the creek only caught 3 small Channel Catfish but plenty to stink up the Skillet couple times for me and my wife. Got to meet local Agent while there all was good.

The Dam

DSC00533_zpsd979c7a1.jpg

Oh give me a shady spot by the creek.

DSC00537_zps34b110b1.jpg

more pictures coming

Had company.

Must of smelled the bait :lol:

DSC00540_zpsf64a8be5.jpg

This one kind of pretty

DSC00542_zps650b55c3.jpg

Not much but

DSC00544_zps59db7924.jpg

My wife said it would have been fun in the Boat, I agreed but I'm thinking would have been better at Truman Lake.

oneshot

When did fishing quit being fun?

Seems anymore everyone is geared up for Big Game Season. Then going through getting Tags, buying Sighting in Firearms, finding Ammo, then finding a place to hunt and hoping don't have problem with others.

Fishing go to Wal Mart get cheap $40 Rod and Reel, Hooks, Weights, Bobbers and Permit. Get some Bait. Drive to your nearest Lake or Stream, rig your Line up, Bait it, throw it out, set in your Chair in the Shade and enjoy. Anyone can do it.

I remember being a Kid 12 foot Cane Pole catching plenty of Catfish and Bluegill. It was sooo much fun.

Now late evening in the shop putting New Line on some of my Reels anticipating the feel of a nice fish pulling on the other end just me and it.DSC00551_zps0d5cefa6.jpg

oneshot

My wife came Home yesterday when I was setting all secure in my A/C, said we have to go to Moms. Ok 80 miles one way, we head up there, all Her Dogs, not really any A/C. Had to spend the night, I couldn't hardly sleep. We decided to go fishing, so got Dozen Worms and went to Local Lake, caught few Bluegill throwed them back. It was just too windy and Hot.

I was really glad to get back Home.

Hard to believe me and my wife use to race from Town down this road, 30 years ago.

SAM_0001_zps04e51a5b.jpg

The Yippers

SAM_0002_zpsbc10a8cf.jpg

The Horse

SAM_0012_zps363d898e.jpg

More pictures coming