ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoHuntress

ONESHOT 1

Yesterday evening I went to Pomme de Terre, had some Sonny's Blood Bait, Glow Sticks and Head Lamp. The Dock where I was wanting to fish was packed so I went across the cove.

Caught 3 eating size Channel Catfish and one Buffalo. I think my problem was Full Moon. I used my Glow Sticks and the helped, even with Full Moon. Lots of people put down Buffalo yes they have Bones and Mud Vein but are very good eating.

Packed

002_zpsc0caaca8.jpg

The Dam

003_zps50a7ef2a.jpg

Full Moon

005_zps461be567.jpg

oneshot

Well one thing about having plenty of meat means don't have to work so hard getting any. I have habit getting stuck in couple methods that work hunting or certain Baits and Lures for fishing.  

Got to thinking what a better time to try new things and keep a Log how it works. I know with my Sons last Fall they pointed out things I knew but hadn't applied for years. 

Well excited can't wait to get out there and try :)

oneshot

Well went to the river to go Fishing, was going to use Spinners, lost two right off in the rocks so switched to White Power Bait, caught 4 nice Rainbows.

On the way in seen Buck but he took off before I could get a picture. Seen plenty of Quail and Rabbits. Just hope to see them come season.

004_zps289febf0.jpg

001_zps01336769.jpg

003_zps929639aa.jpg

oneshot

Well having more than I needed I decided to take 14 Rabbits and 5 Pullets to the Sale Barn.

Selling not Buying

002_zps1180702c.jpg

Looks like plenty of people there

001_zpsf3555241.jpg

Well it defiantly was Buyers Market got $33 :huh: Decided have to make changes, either get rid of all and just Buy at the Sale Barn and Butcher at home or try to sell extra on Craigslist for what I could get there. 

oneshot

Yesterday morning I was watering my Chickens. No lifting, didn't feel I moved wrong but I felt a Disk move to the side in my Back. Took my breath away, almost passed out.

Since then trying to stand up or sit down is very painful. This morning I needed my wife to help me get out of Bed. I can not walk without my Cane and then very slow.

My wife is feeding everything now. She has never dressed a Rabbit until yesterday.

I've had bad Back trouble for years, this is just New changes that were expected. Going to see my Doctor soon as I can get in. Taking extra Pain Medication.

oneshot

Was on my way to Church this morning Pickup was in front of us, we was driving by one place I hunt. Bunch of Hens and Poults crossed road in font of him, he almost hit a Hen but didn't got me pumped for Fall Season.

Now just Pray my health holds up.

oneshot

Went to a creek the other night Catfishing while it was cool which once again might of been my down fall plus the Moon. Was using Sonny's Blood Dip Bait mainly, did have a couple poles baited with Bluegill for Flatheads.

Pretty neat by myself, towards dark seen more Bats than I had in a long time. Once again no lights, just Glow Sticks on end of Rods. Setting there watching Fire Flies and listening to Bullfrogs.

001_zps2613d8e7.jpg

002_zps8ae2ff2d.jpg

MMMMMMM GOOD!

004_zps94182c36.jpg

More Pics coming

oneshot

Saturday we went to a Car Show at our Church,I was on the Board Organizing, I was to be a Judge but because of Health problems I bowed out but had a very Good time.

My wife on the right selling Raffle Tickets on a Quilt she made.

2321006_orig_zps5f5fe8fe.jpg

We had about 80 cars

4190752_orig_zpsff28fe36.jpg

More Pics coming

Well found a place In Green County to hunt. Thing is there is Cattle on it, so no use putting Food Plots or Mineral Licks. Can hunt Urban Season. He said just don't shoot a Cow.

There is an Old Building on it, fixing up to stay in, thought I was going to have to build an Outhouse, was surprised.

001_zps040e8df6.jpg

003_zps622c71b4.jpg

004_zpsae8ac53d.jpg

more pics coming