ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoHuntress

SASSYRED

I just finished the last of the Christmas gifts!!!! And, I already have custom leather orders from return customers for next Christmas [emoji106]

A leather Checkbook Cover I hand carved, hand tooled, and hand stained for my Mom:

981ae4dd4eb9e833fbcc2969f6629248.jpg

d32c0534d4685b3cf5fc3bd988d314f4.jpg

And a Red, White, and Blue Paracord Guitar Strap that I made for my Dad:

862771ac8544680142c8b9236e12b16d.jpg

Now all I need to do is to get started on making Christmas candy for our dinner tomorrow night [emoji6]

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas! I went to my buddy's, (the guy I made the holster for), the day before Christmas Eve to help him make some ham wraps for a party he was going to, and he hooked me up with some deer brats with cheese mixed in them, which is a pretty great gift if ya ask me [emoji4]

Mom, Dad and I always give each other "Christmas Eve Gifts", and I gave Dad the patriotic guitar strap I made, and Mom the leather checkbook cover I made, which they loved! And, they gave me a gift card to JC Penny's, which I've already spent the most of [emoji6]

Anyway, we had our dinner at my folks' on Christmas Eve night, and Mom made her usual ginormous feast with a ton of pies for dessert, which was all delicious! Then we exchanged gifts. Everyone really enjoyed what they got, and my handcrafted gifts were a big hit! I ended up getting a package of Nike socks and a gift card to Springfield Leather from my folks, and in my stocking was some nice bubble bath, a ton of candy, and a new flashlight. My oldest nephew said the leather baseball I made him was his second favorite gift, which is pretty cool considering all the cool stuff he got, and that it only got beat by some fancy dancy, high tech headphones [emoji6]

Then on Christmas, we went to my aunt and uncle's for another huge feast and my favorite, peanut butter fudge. My uncle also brought some deer sausage, which is always a good thing! We played a gift giving game after we ate where my aunt told a story and every time she said "left" or "right" we had pass our gag gifts in that direction. One of my cousins ended up with Mom's gift - a set of embarrassing, vintage salt and pepper shakers- I guess you had to be there for that, lol! One of the kids ran off with what Dad brought- a toy award medal. Another cousin got my gift - a used jar of catfish stink bait that had been in the trunk of the car that no one drives for at least three years. It was pretty ripe to say the least! He took the lid off and hid it in my uncle's truck, which was pretty funny! And, I ended up with a painted lightbulb Christmas ornament - woo hoo [emoji41]

Then we played a dice game with lottery tickets, which Mom won [emoji2] Me and the kids played a card game called "spoons", which I won and my prize was getting to share peanut butter fudge with the runner up [emoji6]

Well, that's about it for my Christmas festivities. I hope you were all as blessed with great company as what I was!

P.S. I got a new phone, so I can't post any of the pics we took since they're on my old one; but if I can get them saved over to the computer, I'll post a few of them later [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Years Eve:

Call me a fuddy duddy, if you will, but I decided to pass on the parties this year. Instead, I stayed home and worked on a custom leather pancake holster for a snub-nose Smith and Wesson J-Frame Featherweight 38 special. However, I got a little wrapped up in the Lonesome Dove marathon, so this is as far as I got:

c2c394a885ae7c78e6adffd1a6a6a52a.jpg

e8889f7f47492fd89a1894ec4bf72ec7.jpg

Update on the S&W Leather Pancake Holster:

I'm using Mom's revolver to wet-mold this particular holster. I still have some more detail molding to do, but here's my progress so far:

2abd009b662972f263791244c15f0449.jpg

I received a custom order for a handcrafted Blaze Orange and Camo Paracord Goat Tying String, and a hand carved, size 4 1/2 Whitetail Deer Antler Ring/Scarf Slide a few days ago from a guy in Texas. Here's how they turned out:

c747f4c006ae2f70dbdaac79380d3a45.jpg

b67431bd90caf799e17832f258fe7b11.jpg

I finished making the Smith & Wesson 38 special holster last night. I think I'll always prefer something with a thumb-break, but I still like the way this one turned out [emoji6] [emoji106]

b062c3ae21cdf2652e1b345daa003f7a.jpg

47bd537044b3f0ee15e1398c94c4ec75.jpg

My uncle fell off a ladder at work and shattered his ankle in 17 places. He doesn't have any insurance, nor does his boss, so we had a Benefit Chili Supper/Music Show for him tonight. We had deer chili, beef chili, deer sausage, salad, Mom's homemade salsa, cakes and pies, tea.... the works! We had a great turnout, and were hoping to raise enough money to fill his propane tank, so we passed the hat and had a 50/50 drawing. After the winner of the drawing donated their winnings back, we raised a total of $600 [emoji106]

I'm so thankful that I live in a community that's so supportive and that there are such great bands that are willing to donate their time to help others. A great start to a great year, if ya ask me [emoji6]

f65c07f42ee52802057c25d54d85231a.jpg

I recently switched from a Razr to an iPhone, (I liked my droid better by the way), and was flipping through the apps when I came across one for geocaching. I've heard about this before, and always assumed that the caches were only hidden in the woods, like at CAs, state parks, etc. But, much to my surprise, after downloading the app, I found that there are actually a few hidden in and around town. So.... since I needed to go to the grocery store today, I decided to try to find on some on my way there. And, I actually ended up finding three [emoji1] There are a few more just outside of town that I looked for, but they were along very busy highways/roads with nowhere to park, so I passed on those. It's kind of silly to put the in dangerous spots like that in my opinion.

Anyhow, the first one was kind of hard to find, but I found it! Another one my phone would say that I was 1' away from it, then that I was 300' away from it, but it was actually pretty easy to spot. The last one was super easy since it was at one of our town's landmarks.

And, I only thought to take a pic of one of them, which was called a "Tram Law" cache. I had to google that, lol! Here it is:

f79ba925860b15ee1168520551b5febe.jpg

I did a little more geocaching today, (this may get a little addicting). I found four this afternoon, and they were all on the way out to the farm. It amazes me that I've passed by these places hundreds upon hundreds of times and never even thought that something like this may be hidden there [emoji50]

Anyhow, two of the four that I found today contained SWAG, (small trade goods). At one, I traded for a California Raisin keychain that's almost as old as I am, and at the other, I traded for a Marshfield Fire Department trading card.

Here's my new raisin posing by the Fort Sand Springs Monument that I found it near, (I just realized that I'm related to two of the men listed on this monument - how cool is that [emoji2][emoji41]):

a641e2c2e0ed35e25a005e02035e533d.jpg

a74ba07a958c257f8108f4845c8c7993.jpg

I was going to show you some more of the leather goods I'm currently working on, but I think I'll wait until their completely done to share those with you. Instead, I thought it would be more fitting to end my blog with my 2015 New Year's Resolution, which is this, (and I officially challenge ALL of you to keep this same resolution):

c59606c9c7daf85e5c2c311fff290e60.jpg

Thanks to MoHuntress for organizing this challenge, those whom participated, those who took the time to read my life story, (I know I can go on and on), and especially to OneShot for keeping me on my toes! Good luck, my friend [emoji6]

BLOG CLOSED