Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
awhuber

More wasted $ by MDC

8 posts in this topic

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/morning_call/2013/12/missouri-department-of-conservation.htmlHere we go again...More wasted money on a species that is neither endanger nor native.There are farms all over this country where an elk can be bought for $3000.00 and less.Oh well it\'s only money, not like we have any endangered species in MO. At least one or 2 folks will get to plug one of these when the win the permit lottery...

The species used to be native to Missouri until all the elk were finally killed out in the late 1800\'s. There are a lot of places in the state with \"Elk\" in their name - there\'s a reason for that.

I personally don\'t care how much money they spend on it I think its great that they are bringing elk back to Missouri.
I guess iI hold my state officials to a higher standard.At the meetings we were told 1/4 mil max.

The species used to be native to Missouri until all the elk were finally killed out in the late 1800\'s. There are a lot of places in the state with \"Elk\" in their name - there\'s a reason for that.
The eastern elk was the species that lived here before they were hunted into extinctiion. The Rockey mountain elk were never here, except on game ranches.