Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowonly

Bowonly's 2013 Journal

4 posts in this topic

9/12/13Made my first scouting expedition to a new area...Red Dirt Wildlife Management Preserve in the Kisatchie National Forest. This area is rugged, unlike any terrain I have come across in LA. Found a couple promising spots with areas of old rubs and current browsing activity. Jumped a couple deer, heard a few hogs but nothing to really get excited about. Probably will not hunt there this year.Will make a trip next week to another new to me area....Red River National Wildlife Refuge

9/23/13Took a ride out to Red River NWR (Spanish Lake Lowlands Unit) to do some scouting. Saw several deer including a very good buck while scouting. The place seems to have a great population of deer. Not very much in the way of timber. The entire area is reclaimed farmland that is being reforested. Very few trees to hang a stand in but the sheer amount of sign here warrants that I take the time to hunt it. Picked out a few spots in both sections of this Unit. Looking forward to hunting it the week of Oct 7-10. I\'ll check back, hopefully with good results.

The gov\'t shutdown prevented me from setting foot on here to hunt. Now that things are back to normal, I don\'t have any time off to hunt here til after my Missouri trip. Washington......:P