Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trkyslyr

Well this SUCKS!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

So, I bought this boat, a Lowe, when some Jagoff ran me off the road and totaled my tracker back in 2009.... I was at LOZ earlier this spring and was talking with another Lowe owner about mine taking on water for the last couple years... I thought I had a leak in the aerator lines or drainage line... he told me to keep and eye on the Keel because his cracked... Now I only get my boat on the water maybe 45 days a year, so running the bilge never bothered me... Well the other day, we had a heck of a storm come thru and came out to this!!!! post-1407-139589318545_thumb.jpgNow that really got me wondering if the Hull was leaking since I didn\'t think we got THAT MUCH RAIN... So yesterday, I checked all the lines on the aerator system by hooking up a hose and plugging the boat... nuttin.... so I crawled under and looked, bigger than snot, there it is, a crack on the seam of the Keel!!!!!! Trying to get in touch with Lowe to see if I can bring it to the factory since it is a heck of a lot closer than their dealers... :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Guess we\'ll see if they try to weasel their way out of warranty by saying it was \"my fault\" because of the scratches from where I beach the boat.... anyway, here is the crack.... It\'s about 2 feet long:(:(:(:(:(:(

post-1407-139589318548_thumb.jpg

cant see why they would argue. The scratches from what i see are minor and expected. Thats the reason for an aluminum boat,in case you beech it or hit stumps,rocks,beavers,ect...I dont see a dent,is there one? That would be my only concern,but if there is no dent then it shows that it could not have been from something you did and they should just take care of it especially if there is a warranty.

No, no dent, I haven\'t hit anything, just minor scratches from beaching it to load, offload, swim, etc... They should fix it under warranty, but I know how some companies are.... Just hope Lowe isn\'t one of \"Those types\" I\'ll keep ya posted...