ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oneshot 1

Back Ground Checks

Took awhile to sink in.I was wondering why NRA didn\'t care for the Back Ground Checks being trowed at us Keep Bad Guys from getting Firearms this is Good right not hurting the Good Guys? :hmmm: Then got to looking at the Big Picture if they do a Back Ground check,your a Good Person you receive your Firearm this is Good Right :hmmm: Well yes but the Government now has a Record of this sale and know where to confiscate this weapon if it comes to this.Now the Good Guy don\'t have a Firearm and the Bad Guy does :sulkoff:In other words Back Door Firearms Registration. :scream:oneshot

We don\'t need any new laws. If they enforced the ones we already have but they don\'t.\"In 2010, nearly 80,000 Americans were denied guns after providing false information about their criminal histories during the background check. Technically, it’s a felony to lie during this process. Yet only 44 would-be buyers were ever charged with a crime, according to the New York Times.\"http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/02/27/should-the-government-go-after-gun-buyers-who-fail-background-checks/Eric Holder needs to be prosecuted also for illegal arms trafficking. Just Google \"Fast and Furious\".http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/things-operation-fast-furious/story?id=17362933#.UWsBfYwo6wkThe proposed new laws will do nothing but infringe on the rights of the law abiding. Criminals don\'t give a crap about laws, that\'s why they\'re \"criminals\"!

I\'m definitely against the proposed expanded background checks. I\'m pretty much against them having any record that I own a firearm. So much so that, my dad has mentioned giving me one of his pistols, but he wants to go to a FFL and have it officially transferred into my name. I don\'t think I\'ll take him up on his offer. :(

Looks like it failed. :cool:http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/politics/senate-guns-vote/index.html?hpt=hp_t1The final vote was 54 in favor to 46 opposed with two Republicans joining most Democrats in supporting the compromise.I\'ll try to find a list of who voted which way. I know without looking that \"cafeteria\" Claire voted for it!

What I found so far. The rest I imagine voted along party lines. Dems for, Rep against.The Democrats who voted against the amendment:Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.)Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska)Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.)Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.)Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) voted against it for procedural reasons as Senate rules will allow him to bring up the measure again.Republicans who voted for the amendment:Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.)Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.)Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/senate-gun-control-roll-call-vote-senators-who-bucked-their-party-90226.html#ixzz2QlC4T9BS

Votes on the backgroung check amendment. Four RHINOS need to go.Alexander (R-TN), Nay Ayotte (R-NH), Nay Baldwin (D-WI), Yea Barrasso (R-WY), Nay Baucus (D-MT), Nay Begich (D-AK), Nay Bennet (D-CO), Yea Blumenthal (D-CT), Yea Blunt (R-MO), Nay Boozman (R-AR), Nay Boxer (D-CA), Yea Brown (D-OH), Yea Burr (R-NC), Nay Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Cardin (D-MD), Yea Carper (D-DE), Yea Casey (D-PA), Yea Chambliss (R-GA), Nay Coats (R-IN), Nay Coburn (R-OK), Nay Cochran (R-MS), Nay Collins (R-ME), Yea Coons (D-DE), Yea Corker (R-TN), Nay Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Cowan (D-MA), Yea Crapo (R-ID), Nay Cruz (R-TX), Nay Donnelly (D-IN), Yea Durbin (D-IL), Yea Enzi (R-WY), Nay Feinstein (D-CA), Yea Fischer (R-NE), Nay Flake (R-AZ), Nay Franken (D-MN), Yea Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea Graham (R-SC), Nay Grassley (R-IA), Nay Hagan (D-NC), Yea Harkin (D-IA), Yea Hatch (R-UT), Nay Heinrich (D-NM), Yea Heitkamp (D-ND), Nay Heller (R-NV), Nay Hirono (D-HI), Yea Hoeven (R-ND), Nay Inhofe (R-OK), Nay Isakson (R-GA), Nay Johanns (R-NE), Nay Johnson (D-SD), Yea Johnson (R-WI), Nay Kaine (D-VA), Yea King (I-ME), Yea Kirk (R-IL), Yea Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea Landrieu (D-LA), Yea Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Leahy (D-VT), Yea Lee (R-UT), Nay Levin (D-MI), Yea Manchin (D-WV), Yea McCain (R-AZ), Yea McCaskill (D-MO), Yea McConnell (R-KY), Nay Menendez (D-NJ), Yea Merkley (D-OR), Yea Mikulski (D-MD), Yea Moran (R-KS), Nay Murkowski (R-AK), Nay Murphy (D-CT), Yea Murray (D-WA), Yea Nelson (D-FL), Yea Paul (R-KY), Nay Portman (R-OH), Nay Pryor (D-AR), Nay Reed (D-RI), Yea Reid (D-NV), Nay Risch (R-ID), Nay Roberts (R-KS), Nay Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea Rubio (R-FL), Nay Sanders (I-VT), Yea Schatz (D-HI), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea Scott (R-SC), Nay Sessions (R-AL), Nay Shaheen (D-NH), Yea Shelby (R-AL), Nay Stabenow (D-MI), Yea Tester (D-MT), Yea Thune (R-SD), Nay Toomey (R-PA), Yea Udall (D-CO), Yea Udall (D-NM), Yea Vitter (R-LA), Nay Warner (D-VA), Yea Warren (D-MA), Yea Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea Wicker (R-MS), Nay Wyden (D-OR), Yea

I\'ll be a voting member of MO upon retirement from the Army approximately 1 May, switching from TX. You can bet I\'ll be voting out the weak kneed representatives who were not representing the people whom elected them for that office. The people have to speak loudly to be heard. The representatives with only self-interest in mind have to be place out of sight and out of mind. Thanx, for the list Rbreb.

I write to Claire McCaskill 2 or 3 times a month to let her know my feelings on this and other issues, like the U.N. Small Arms Treaty. I\'m well aware my words fall on deaf ears, as she\'s no more likely to vote against 2nd Amendment restrictions as she is to spontaneously catch on fire. I\'d throw a party if she does either one. :smilebig:

I write to Claire McCaskill 2 or 3 times a month to let her know my feelings on this and other issues, like the U.N. Small Arms Treaty. I\'m well aware my words fall on deaf ears, as she\'s no more likely to vote against 2nd Amendment restrictions as she is to spontaneously catch on fire. I\'d throw a party if she does either one. :smilebig:
Ditto on that! Claire is a follower not a leader. Her record is proof of that, she has supported every single thing Obummer has pushed. We need to get someone in there that can actually think for themselves and US. I\'ve never seen her actually working, just campaigning.