Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
awhuber

Cougars helping to keep elk from spreading

8 posts in this topic

Not really seeing what the good news in that story was but ok.
I didn\'t find it as good news either but there were differing opinions on the ELK STOCKING deal... Many cattlemen and farmers were opposed to it and probably hope a big cat eats em all.Personally I wish they\'d shoot all the big cats lol

I didn\'t find it as good news either but there were differing opinions on the ELK STOCKING deal... Many cattlemen and farmers were opposed to it and probably hope a big cat eats em all.Personally I wish they\'d shoot all the big cats lol
I really doubt cattle ranchers or sheep farmers, or goat herders want an influx of big cats to come into our state. Those big cats are much more likely to prey on their livestock than they are wild deer or elk. Those people you heard talking are blowing more smoke than anything else. A) There are very few big cats in our state.B) The ranchers and farmers have much more to worry about with broken fences and vehicles than the few cats that are here. C) Those same farmers/ranchers want a bounty on anything that can kill one of their herd, no matter what it is. They even complain about the deer competing with their herd for forage. Personally, I\'d love to see a wild mountain lion here in Mo, and anyone who wishes to take that away from me can kiss my royal butt. When you make your living off of the land, you deal with nature, in all of it\'s forms.

I really doubt cattle ranchers or sheep farmers, or goat herders want an influx of big cats to come into our state. Those big cats are much more likely to prey on their livestock than they are wild deer or elk. Those people you heard talking are blowing more smoke than anything else. A) There are very few big cats in our state.B) The ranchers and farmers have much more to worry about with broken fences and vehicles than the few cats that are here. C) Those same farmers/ranchers want a bounty on anything that can kill one of their herd, no matter what it is. They even complain about the deer competing with their herd for forage. Personally, I\'d love to see a wild mountain lion here in Mo, and anyone who wishes to take that away from me can kiss my royal butt. When you make your living off of the land, you deal with nature, in all of it\'s forms.
???? My cat comment was tongue in cheek as i\'d like the elk to do well but the MFB and Cattlemens association were definantly opposed to the MDC elk proposal and were quite vocal about it. The fallout from that is still causing issues in Jeff City.And I\'d like to see a big cat too... Actually I\'d buy a tag for one every year just to be able to kill one legally if I saw one but the likelyhood of either having a season on them or me actually seeing one are pretty slim lil. I would love to have one to add to my taxidermy collecton.

If I want to kill a big cat I\'ll go out west and hunt them with dogs. I don\'t like the idea of walking to and from my stand in the dark worrying that anytime a cat as big as a grown man could eat me in a matter of a few minutes. And what really worries me is that when my boys want to go squirrel hunting or just rummage in the woods and one of these killin machines happen onto them with an empty stomach. I would kiss your butt to save my boys life and I doubt there is anything royal about it! LOL!However I would love to be able to bugle in a ruttin bull and send a Muzzy tipped arrow through his boiler room.