ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
killmode

I know Where I Wont Be Going

As far as punishing law abiding citizens, I am pretty dang sure there is 20 law abiding families in CT that have been \"punished\" far more than most folks out there.
Those people weren\'t punished, they were victims. They no doubt suffered a great loss personally. A weapons ban and gun free zones will only allow more people to be victimized. Emotional reactions rarely, if ever, have the desired results, that is, if protecting children really is the desired result. It\'s more than obvious to me, and a lot of other people, that this tragedy is being used to push an agenda, and that agenda has very little to do with protecting anyone.

Compromise you ask? I will NOT compromise my freedoms nor safety of my family for feel good do nothing regulations. If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!Sam Adams\"Thoſe who would give up Essential Liberty to purchaſe a little Temporary Safety, deſerve neither Liberty nor Safety\"

from the mouth of crazy Joe himself .assault weapons vs handgun deaths http://youtu.be/oCWYuxo01lMwhy should we believe in something the creators of such stuff don’t even believe in ?supreme court says his statement about the awb and the 2nd amendment is misstated (untrue). Biden math on the mag change . 4 or 5 30 round =25 or 30 10 round mags.http://youtu.be/1KpPmZto4wQcomplete \"google hangout\"

I find it amazing that you all feel strongly that something written 200 years ago doesn\'t need a little updating/refining/revisisting now and again and how the people living in that time and laying the groundwork for this country would have a clue what the world would be like in the 21st century. Those men of the day were no doubt brilliant..... for their day. However, if we could magically bring them back and put them in 21st century America, my guess is they would look like bumbling, fumbling old men that wouldn\'t have as much \"everyday\" knowledge as most 3rd graders today.

I find it amazing that you all feel strongly that something written 200 years ago doesn\'t need a little updating/refining/revisisting now and again and how the people living in that time and laying the groundwork for this country would have a clue what the world would be like in the 21st century.
You shouldn\'t be surprised. You\'re talking to a group of people that hunt, shoot, and love their guns. People that have done absolutely nothing to warrant being restricted on what firearm they should be able to legally own. People that realize that thousands of men and women have died for us to be able to keep that freedom, and who realize that a certain segment of the government wants to take that freedom away from us. You should be surprised by your own response. You may want to question why it would make you feel better for us to give up that freedom.

You shouldn\'t be surprised. You\'re talking to a group of people that hunt, shoot, and love their guns. People that have done absolutely nothing to warrant being restricted on what firearm they should be able to legally own. People that realize that thousands of men and women have died for us to be able to keep that freedom, and who realize that a certain segment of the government wants to take that freedom away from us. You should be surprised by your own response. You may want to question why it would make you feel better for us to give up that freedom.
wow, you hit the nail right on the head with that one. Deerman, YOU are an American. :thumbup:

Just how many men and women have died to \"keep our guns\"? Pretty sure that the reason for every major conflict since the Revolutionary War has had nothing to do with us being able to keep our guns. They have either been 1) a response of the USA to come to the aid of our friends and neighbors or 2) we were attacked from an outside regime. Pretty dang sure not a single one of the men or women who died probably thought to themselves \"we are doing this to save our guns back at home\". Give me a break. Like I\'ve said before, if you are so sure that the groundwork placed by our founding fathers 200 years ago is absolute and can never be re-evaluated or updated that is fine. However, then please rid yourself of every 21st century convienience and live as they did. Pretty sure you none of you would last very long in that world. In the exact same respect, I am pretty sure none of those founding fathers you deem as \"god\" would last very long in the 21st century either. Times are different now than they were then and it is completely ignorant to think everything that pertained to that time pertains to today\'s world without some revisitation.

Just how many men and women have died to \"keep our guns\"? Pretty sure that the reason for every major conflict since the Revolutionary War has had nothing to do with us being able to keep our guns. They have either been 1) a response of the USA to come to the aid of our friends and neighbors or 2) we were attacked from an outside regime. Pretty dang sure not a single one of the men or women who died probably thought to themselves \"we are doing this to save our guns back at home\". Give me a break.
I would challenge you to walk up to any US veteran of any war and tell them they they didn\'t fight for our freedoms.

Like I\'ve said before, if you are so sure that the groundwork placed by our founding fathers 200 years ago is absolute and can never be re-evaluated or updated that is fine. However, then please rid yourself of every 21st century convienience and live as they did. Pretty sure you none of you would last very long in that world. In the exact same respect, I am pretty sure none of those founding fathers you deem as \"god\" would last very long in the 21st century either. Times are different now than they were then and it is completely ignorant to think everything that pertained to that time pertains to today\'s world without some revisitation.
So now since someone doesn\'t agree with you they are supposed to give up items that have nothing to do with the constitution? (This is your retort for someone who disagrees? LOL)Are you willing to revisit ALL of the amendments? How about the 16th. Since our government has shown that they are unable to responsibly handle tax money the way our founding fathers did then maybe we should rescind that amendment. How about we modify the 1st amendment. I am pretty sure the founding fathers never meant for it to be used to protest a funeral. Or maybe I should use your school of thought and figure the amendments that I don\'t use are expendable, like the 13th or the 19th.

Just how many men and women have died to \"keep our guns\"? Pretty sure that the reason for every major conflict since the Revolutionary War has had nothing to do with us being able to keep our guns. They have either been 1) a response of the USA to come to the aid of our friends and neighbors or 2) we were attacked from an outside regime. Pretty dang sure not a single one of the men or women who died probably thought to themselves \"we are doing this to save our guns back at home\". Give me a break.
5150, this infuriates me! I spoke with a friend of mine a few minutes ago, that happens to be a Vietnam veteran. He and I have been discussing this thread over the phone and via messenger. Although he is not a member here, he has been keeping up with this thread. Since this is a \"G\" rated web site, I\'m not able to tell you what his response was to your statement above. Do you seriously believe, that people haven\'t died to \"keep our guns\"??????

5150, Are you some vigilante left winger just writing on hunting forums to stir the pot or what? Im just curious because if you are an actual outdoorsman/hunter whatever, I have a very hard time understanding your reasoning with your position on this issue. Sorry you dont want to shoot cool gunz. Also, I camped for 27 days last spring turkey hunting with my bow, me and my group killed 26 birds in 4 states, Im 100% sure I could survive in the 1700s. I was personally offended by that comment. Thats all. :wave:

So I made someone mad. Sorry, but that is two way street. I respect and thank all veterans. I have many in my family as I\'ve said before and I will tell you straight up not a one of them fought just to keep their guns. To simply say all veterans great sacrifices were for the sole purpose of \"protecting guns\" as was eluded to is ridiculous. They made alot of sacrifices for alot of freedoms, not just the one that you think is the end all be all of freedoms.It infuriates me that you all are so stubborn and narrow minded to not realize that the complete random mass murders of innocent people/kids is a huge and sickening issue in modern day USA. To turn a blind eye to anything that may be part of an ultimate sollution is hypocrital and ignorant. Like I\'ve said I\'m pro-gun and I won\'t even tell you how many I own (but you better start guessing at 30 something). That being said I am also intellegent enough and open minded enough to realize we had better not discount any possible component of a sollution just beacuse it doesn\'t fit our personal \"agenda\".

Duh, its not fighting JUST to keep our gunz, its for every right under the CONSTITUTION, Maybe you should try reading it... its could change your mine. Mass shootings is a huge issues, thats why more people need to have guns so they can kill the crazies dead before they kill multiple, more guns are needed, and once the crazies realize, \"hey there\'s guns everywhere, im gunna get smoked real quick if i try killin a bunch of innocent folks\" DUH they wont be up for it when people are shooting back at them! And you dont hear about the coulda shoulda woulda been mass shootings when there is an armed civilian because statistically there are 4 or less people killed (including the original gunman) because the shooter gets popped before he kills more people. ILL KEEP IT REALLY SIMPLE FOR YOU: The average in those instances is only 2 dead people, One victem, and the original gunman. The scenario is one gunmans shoots one innocent person, then one armed civilian smokes the gunman. There are your two dead people. End of the story. I want to hear your comeback to this??? :wave::wave:

They made alot of sacrifices for alot of freedoms, not just the one that you think is the end all be all of freedoms.
So are there any freedoms that are blocked from removal/modification or are the soldiers fighting for what is hip at the time? Is the freedom of speech being infringed upon? How about the freedom to vote without taxation? Please, I would like to know which ones you feel are off limits. And if none are off limits and they will only evolve then why in the world would someone defend something that will be gone eventually anyway?

DWGH..... until you break your leg, get cancer, get the measels, get the mumps, have rhematic fever, get kicked in the face by your horse, gash your had with an ax and about 1,000,000 other things...... Just sayin\' Vigalante Left Winger..... Uh no. Tea Party Right Winger.... Uh no. I\'m neither left nor right, both parties sicken me with how far from center they have moved. I am however very opened minded to many potential sollutions to many problems and I could give a rats rear who comes up with an idea. Not realizing that potential sollution may come from the other guy is foolish and narrow minded at best. Slim...... My point to what I said is the only reason you all give is that \"Our forefathers blah, blah, blah when they wrote the 2nd Ammendment\". So, if you are going to base your entire argument on something written 200 years ago, by people that had zero idea of how the world would be 200 years down the road........go live that way. No different than people telling me to go live in Canada beacuse my view is different than theirs.

DWGH..... until you break your leg, get cancer, get the measels, get the mumps, have rhematic fever, get kicked in the face by your horse, gash your had with an ax and about 1,000,000 other things...... Just sayin\'
Imma beast and coulda braved the storm with the best of them. Im an outdoor kid, ill survive the zombie apocalyse with my guns/bows/slingshots/ traps/knives/boomerang. Ull run out of bullets real quick with ur 7 round mags and get eaten first. Just Sayn:gun:

Slim...... My point to what I said is the only reason you all give is that \"Our forefathers blah, blah, blah when they wrote the 2nd Ammendment\". So, if you are going to base your entire argument on something written 200 years ago, by people that had zero idea of how the world would be 200 years down the road........go live that way. No different than people telling me to go live in Canada beacuse my view is different than theirs.
I am just asking which freedom you would not allow to be modified but you don\'t want to answer that. There are plenty of freedoms that are not about me or protecting me but they are just as important, even if I don\'t, or can\'t use said right. So again, are all rights, or even just the all of the 27 amendments, modifiable in YOUR eyes?

Imma beast and coulda braved the storm with the best of them. Im an outdoor kid, ill survive the zombie apocalyse with my guns/bows/slingshots/ traps/knives/boomerang. Ull run out of bullets real quick with ur 7 round mags and get eaten first. Just Sayn:gun:
Nah...... All I need is one round/single shot cause I don\'t miss. EVER. ;)

Slim, if your looking for logical, reasonable answers to questions you post, don\'t expect an answer. Unless \"beat around the bush\" and \"what if\" scenarios is what your looking for. He fails to accept the fact that the previous 10 yr gun ban changed nothing when it came to guns and crime....FBI statisticsAn ar rifle shoots faster than any other semi automatic gun in his eyes, must be those pistol grips and folding stock...I don\'t know.He can get up off the floor and cover 20 feet of distance before someone can dump and mag and insert a fresh one.And apparently our military isn\'t in fact fighting for our freedoms. Who knew.

It infuriates me that you all are so stubborn and narrow minded to not realize that the complete random mass murders of innocent people/kids is a huge and sickening issue in modern day USA. To turn a blind eye to anything that may be part of an ultimate sollution is hypocrital and ignorant. Like I\'ve said I\'m pro-gun and I won\'t even tell you how many I own (but you better start guessing at 30 something). That being said I am also intellegent enough and open minded enough to realize we had better not discount any possible component of a sollution just beacuse it doesn\'t fit our personal \"agenda\".
Mass murders were around long before the AR rifle, and will be around long after. No amount of cosmetic altering can change the simple fact that it\'s just another semi automatic rifle. While I may entertain the idea that a magazine capacity restriction would be sensible in the discussion, banning a firearm based on looks alone is nonsense. My agenda is to ensure that law abiding citizens have the means to protect themselves, be it from criminals, mentally unstable people, or the government. It\'s my opinion that a magazine capacity restriction would only hinder the law abiding citizen, not the criminals, mentally unstable, or the government. I\'ve posted numerous ideas that would have an immediate impact to help prevent or lessen the loss of life in the event of a mass shooting in a school setting. But not all shootings are done in that setting, and you can\'t predict what a mentally unstable person will do. There simply is no solution to prevent all future mass murders. The best we can do is to be armed and be prepared to defend yourself and your fellow citizens.

Slim, if your looking for logical, reasonable answers to questions you post, don\'t expect an answer. Unless \"beat around the bush\" and \"what if\" scenarios is what your looking for.
I knew before I posted it he wouldn\'t answer. I had read his previous post where no matter what anyone asked he just blew past it and went on to make statements in attempt to anger others. He makes base claims that anyone who doesn\'t think his way is \"watching for black helicopters\", uses derogatory words to describe others and avoids an actual debate at all cost. There is a name for this type of poster, an internet troll.