Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntnutsbro

huntnutsbro in 2013!

21 posts in this topic

well, 2012 was a good year for me. got a big doe with my bow, took the one buck i really wanted with the rifle. and the rut was the best we have ever seen it here. the bucks have started to drop the head gear here in the last week or so. seen 2 last night that had one side feeding in the hay fields. have had my eye on a beautiful 8 point that i feel is a 2 1/2 year old. he has now dropped one side. got a pic of him off the camera today. i am glad he made it thru the year. cant wait to see how he does next year. and pray he makes it thru 2013! will post the pic of him at the end of this post, let me know if you all agree on age.i am patiently awaiting the tax return so i can get my new bow, and a couple more cameras. going to be sporting the mission ballistic in all black next year. and i am going to give the wildgame cameras a try. having issues with my tractor not starting, hoping that this spring when its warmer i can get it figured out. because i want to get alot more food in the ground for the deer this year. may have to find someone to come over and till for me this year. i had a blast this year, wife bowhunted with me, but she decided she just wants to rifle hunt next year. (dont think she has the patience or likes sitting in the cold! lol) but i have 3 boys, and the oldest will be using my current bow, so i will have someone to hang out in the woods with!:thumbup:good luck to everyone in the coming year. good luck chasing the thunder chickens, not sure if i will or not. spring is a busy busy time for me at work.

post-76-139589315753_thumb.jpg

New Breed Genetix. 29\" draw length70 lb draw weightharvest time .300 arrows weigh 388 grainsshoots them at 306 fps.hha xl-5519 sightlimbdriver pro restjohns custom blue/black strings and cables100 grain shwacker broadheadscant wait for deer season. post-76-139589316464_thumb.jpg

well, i am the type of guy that if something sparks my interest or i have always wanted to try out, i get it if i can. lol and its no different with bows. i had the new breed for a few weeks, it shot great, smoothest draw of about any 2 cam bow i have ever shot. but somethin about the grip did not agree with me! so i got rid of it. now i currently have a new bear method in shadow series/black. i got a killer deal on it, so i got it. had wanted to try one since i saw bears new lineup coming out. now, if you all are looking for a good bow at a decent price, this bow is nice! it is screaming fast, and smooth. i do not like the dual string stops, so i took them off and put my mathews dead end string stop on it. looks much better in my opinion, and is quieter. but, so far i am not liking the rubberized grip of this bow either! too sticky, and causes some riser torque to be induced on draw. i also just got a 2012 prime shift LR at an amazing deal and im hoping it will fit my needs when it arrives! i also am in conversation about getting an elite bow to shoot. i had one of these a couple years back and loved it. have kicked myself in the butt for ever getting rid of that bow! so, if i can get it, i will probably shoot it the rest of my life, or, well, until i see somethin else that sparks my attention. LOL but i wont ever sell the elite again! learned my lesson on that.

well, prime shift deal didnt work out. so i have a high country archery speed pro x11 coming. always wanted to try one of the newer hca bows, so i figured why not. LOL

went to the kansas race sunday. was a good time, had never been to one before. had alot of fun, seen some good racing. got to see some of my favorite drivers in interviews at some of the tents before the race also. too much walking and climbing stairs tho! we were on row 56, and there is 3 steps per row! so about 170 steps or so to get to your seat. lol didnt do that but twice!:thumbup:

post-76-139589317853_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589317854_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589317855_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589317856_thumb.jpg

well, i got a couple pics of some bucks off the cam, young ones, but still nice to see. was getting all does until field cutting started and the bucks start showing up. so hoping i get a good look at what is here this year. going to get my other camera out in the woods where i always catch the bachelor groups tomorrow night if i get home early enough. should have done it tonight, but had storms rolling in.

post-76-139589318832_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589318836_thumb.jpg

some of the bucks me and my boys are chasing around this year. couple big bodied mature bucks that i am after, and a couple decent 8 pointers that i have told my son he could take even tho they need a year or 2! but after he seen the 2 big old guys, he may let them walk now. LOL

post-76-139589319933_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589319935_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589319937_thumb.jpg

post-76-139589319939_thumb.jpg

post-76-13958931994_thumb.jpg

that last 8 is the one my oldest boy almost shot his first night out with archery gear! 5 more yards and he probably would have. i would like him to walk, but it is his first. LOL

well, had a good sit tonight. seen several deer, and a couple bucks were out and about. had a fork horn chasing some does around the end of the field. had a couple 8\'s come to the mineral lick about 25 yards or so from the blind. they were both young deer, so no shots. seems as tho the cooler temps have them on their feet. even tho i didnt see any this morning! but, my spot that has good morning activity is for a southerly wind, so no go this morning there. LOLoh, been trying this E3 scent eliminator, it works really well. walked across the field this afternoon to check an area across the creek and the 2 bucks walked the same trail i did and didnt seem to pick me up. :thumbup: