ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoHuntress

Make A Comment On A Competitors Blog 2013-2014

Hey Deep Woods . Isn\'t illegal to possess dead deer antlers with out a tag or permit from an agent ??
I think you\'re right. Antlers still attached to the head need to be reported to an agent. I seem to remember reading about that in the Busch CA deer article. They let you keep it but want to record size and location.

I wasn\'t in MO :thumbup:
Well that don\'t matter ! I just got off the phone with my agent ! He said if you bring it into Missouri you MUST have a declaration from an Agent to possess a skull with antlers attached !!!!!!! Sheds don\'t have to have one !

[/rquote'>Well that don\'t matter ! I just got off the phone with my agent ! He said if you bring it into Missouri you MUST have a declaration from an Agent to possess a skull with antlers attached !!!!!!! Sheds don\'t have to have one !
Well ether ur agent guy is wrong or the agent in the state I was in is wrong. Cause he told me to haul all the bone back to MO that I wanted and didnt say squat about any tag. Feel free to call himBill Krause- (402) 274-8063

[/rquote]Well that don\'t matter ! I just got off the phone with my agent ! He said if you bring it into Missouri you MUST have a declaration from an Agent to possess a skull with antlers attached !!!!!!! Sheds don\'t have to have one ! [/rquote'>Well ether ur agent guy is wrong or the agent in the state I was in is wrong. Cause he told me to haul all the bone back to MO that I wanted and didnt say squat about any tag. Feel free to call himBill Krause- (402) 274-8063
I\'m goin to call him ! To tell him he better check Missouri laws before he tells some one else to do that ! You may want to call the agent in your county in Missouri to see that you need a declaration to possess the skull !!!

Hey Deep Woods . Isn\'t illegal to possess dead deer antlers with out a tag or permit from an agent ??
Also, fyi- you dont need to have a tag to possess the skull with antlers attached \"Q: What are the regulations regarding persons taking antlers from road-killed deer?A: The Missouri Wildlife Code, Chapter 10, states that “Any person who finds a dead deer with antlers still attached to the skull plate while afield and takes those antlers into possession must report the taking to a conservation agent within twenty-four (24) hours to receive possession authorization. Shed antlers not attached to the skull plate found while afield may be possessed, bought and sold by any person without possession authorization.” That means that a person sawing off antlers from a road-killed deer must receive authorization within 24 hours from a conservation agent to legally possess the antlers. The same is true for a person hitting a deer with a vehicle and wishing to keep the deer. They must contact a conservation agent to receive authorization to legally possess the deer.\"

DWGH, I think your agent needs to learn his job if he/she told you that you do not need an authorization to keep the deer skull you found. 3 CSR 10-10.768 Sales and Possession of Wildlife Parts and Mounted Specimens (3) Any person who finds a dead deer with antlers still attached to the skull plate while afield and takes those antlers into possession must report the taking to a conservation agent within twenty-four (24) hours to receive possession authorization. Shed antlers not attached to the skull plate found while afield may be possessed, bought and sold by any person without possession authorization.Does not specify found within the state so therefore, your agent is wrong and/or lazy... The agent should have given you an authorization form for it...

DWGH, I think your agent needs to learn his job if he/she told you that you do not need an authorization to keep the deer skull you found. 3 CSR 10-10.768 Sales and Possession of Wildlife Parts and Mounted Specimens (3) Any person who finds a dead deer with antlers still attached to the skull plate while afield and takes those antlers into possession must report the taking to a conservation agent within twenty-four (24) hours to receive possession authorization. Shed antlers not attached to the skull plate found while afield may be possessed, bought and sold by any person without possession authorization.Does not specify found within the state so therefore, your agent is wrong and/or lazy... The agent should have given you an authorization form for it...
He is a veteran agent and has been for over 30 years. I\'m sure he knows his job very well. IDK where you are getting this... I got authorization. He simply said there was no need for any kind of TAG.:cheers: back to topic, for crying out loud :cheers:

How far? Clean miss?
all but a clean miss, 8 yards, nothin but a little fat on my arrow. Texas heart shot, full strut with behind to me. I know I was peeking the string after I looked at my camera screen got back on the peek and just let er fly. it was like missing a layup on a breakaway. no excuses.... just missed 2 in low... tukley walked away like \"who is throwing sticks at me?\"