ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oneshot 1

Wonder Why There Isn't More News?

What a waste of tax payers dollars. Of course when you entrust any state agency to utilize the money they take from you wisely...ain\'t gonna happen. These are wild animals, if they\'re going to shoot every one that wanders from the \"restoration zone\" they lights as well load em right back into the trailers and take them to Swiss meat and sausage and have some snacks sticks made right now.

We got bored one day and added up all they have \"spent\" (they don\'t count salaries into their budget for the elk) on these pets..... these elk have cost close to 35-$50,000 each when you add up all the restoration and man hours they have put it.With all that money they could have paid me more than minimum wage.... guess thats why I quite ;) The koolaid got sour!

What are you guys upset about? That is exactly what they said they would do if an elk left the \"restoration\" zone. Of course they also told us that the animals would not leave because the habitat is so good in Peck.Elk are available for sale in MO. for $3000 or less sure would have saved us some money.

Well, I find it to be pretty dumb to think they won\'t wander outside of Peck Ranch, and that they should be killed if they do. There\'s no way they can expect the population to grow and stay in one spot.

just wait till the first elk/car collision.but I can garantee you, there are people right here in Mo who will plunk down $10K or whatever when they raffle off the first elk tags in couple years.I\'ve got no taste for the whole MDC \"introduction\" programs30\'s - multiflora rose - nuf said about that40\'s - stamp out fire - now it\'s \"oh you\'ve got to burn it all off every couple years\"80\'s - \"plant autumn olive - heres some plants to plant\" - now it\'s the worst invasive ever90\'s - \"rivers otters are great\" - now many small/midsize streams have had virtually every fish there gobbled upand now it\'s the elkbut they can always put a spin on it \"oh those bighead carp are mighty tasty\" - (admitedly not the MDC\'s fault there)

yeah, I could think of lots of things to spend the money on that were not elktrying to actually \"fix\" small creeks/streams that have silted/gravelled inbuyout of the high fence operationsmore effort for foodplots on MDC lands (other than one token sunflower field that benefits dove hunters - and not much else)

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:What else is there to say????:puzzled::puzzled: OH WAIT.... Hard earned tax dollars at work:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: they shudda put the funds to CA food plots:scream::scream:
you sure are takin the words outta my mouth lately:grd:

in the paper today - almot all of this years elk, and some of last years, have all died from heat stress/thirst/lack of browse. course, what do you expect when it\'s the hottest, driest summer in recorded history, and the animals are in new territroy they don\'t know how to adapt to yet.