ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
carnivore

How many will join me ?

There\'s got to be hundreds upon thousands of hunting /fishing / and other outdoor related sites on the internet. But I\'d like to know exactly what it is that brought us all together here? What pulls each of us back here to Cuss/Discuss and share out outdoor adventures, high times , low times, memories and new experiences ? I\'ll tell you what I think it is, for me it\'s like a hunting camp. It\'s like a day on the water with your favorite lure tied on and every fish is in line waiting for a chance to take a pull on your line . Unlike walking past an aquaintance at the store or gas station and just saying how\'s it going/ or catch ya later. this is like a family reunion any time you choose to turn on the P.C. not once a year, or just around Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter, this is right now , 24/7/365. I want MoHuntress to U2U me her mailing address and put me on record for $5 a month for a membership in being a supporting sponsor of SMO. I want to know that the site will be properly maintained . That the youth events will continue to bring smiles and awards to the kids who look forward to this event. I want to raise my hand and say that I am ShoMeOutdoors.com

I honestly can say I love coming here and reading what people are doing in my neck of the woods. I feel like I\'m part of a brotherhood. I like how people share there tips and best hunting and fishing stories. I believe we live in one of the greatest states for outdoor living and its awesome to share that with ppl who can really appreciate it.

I\'ve said it before, but I\'m going to say it again....Carnivore, you\'re awesome. You have no idea how glad I am, that you\'re back online. (((HUGS))) :thumbup:You\'re right....this place IS like a family reunion. There are quite a few people here, that I have known as far back as the Conservation Cafe, and that was every bit of eleven years ago. In 2005, Passthru started SMO, and asked me to join him here. Right off the bat, we started planning youth events, and I believe it was in 2007, we had an SMO get together. What an awesome time that was! From there, we had two youth days at the range, two years in a row. Then, a fishing derby in 2008, and another in 2010. In 2009, we had a booth at the Truth & The Outdoors Expo, and in 2011, we did it again. In 2010, I bought the site from Passthru. Throughout all of our events, I had the opportunity to meet quite a few of our members in person, and I\'m here to tell you, SMO members are top notch folks!Something I\'d REALLY like to do this year, is to have another get together...perhaps something in early September? Lets start tossing the idea around, shall we?A big thanks to you all! This place wouldnt exist without you! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

To tell u the truth I don\'t no exactly why I joined this webpage, but I am not goin anywhere else I think the reason I like it here so much is everyone is so friendly and mature and does not argue with anyone we may debate some things but that\'s all

I can\'t begin to say what the site has meant to me as well....I joined about 2 weeks before the fishing derby in 2010 and had the oppotunity to meet several members there. Since then I have hunted, fished, and shared some great times with some of the BEST ppl in the world. I have met some GREAT friends here and will continue to do so every day! I have taken on the role and will continue to work at making the site a better place. The donations are MORE than appreciated and I will be adding some as well. The site is going to be taking on some changes and upgrades in the next few months and it is all going to require MONEY...!!! As I am doing my best to keep prices down it is enevitable that its going to cost. Any donations are of course not mandatory but very much appreciated and will secure the future of SMO. Anyone that is interested in helping out or offering their assistance in any way, anytime...contact myself or one of the staff and we will do our best to make sure it happens!!:thumbup:

I can\'t begin to say what the site has meant to me as well....I joined about 2 weeks before the fishing derby in 2010 and had the oppotunity to meet several members there. Since then I have hunted, fished, and shared some great times with some of the BEST ppl in the world. I have met some GREAT friends here and will continue to do so every day! I have taken on the role and will continue to work at making the site a better place. The donations are MORE than appreciated and I will be adding some as well. The site is going to be taking on some changes and upgrades in the next few months and it is all going to require MONEY...!!! As I am doing my best to keep prices down it is enevitable that its going to cost. Any donations are of course not mandatory but very much appreciated and will secure the future of SMO. Anyone that is interested in helping out or offering their assistance in any way, anytime...contact myself or one of the staff and we will do our best to make sure it happens!!:thumbup:
Let me know if there\'s anything I can do for SMO from arround the KC area :thumbup:

No helping effort is ever insignificant, now thats the team work i\'ve always known was here.:thumbup: I\'m always scanning the walmart clearance iasle and sale bills for anything I can afford that will serve as a gift or award for an outdoor loving child/kid.

I\'m thinkin about finishing that same hunter I posted about last year for SMO.... It can be raffle or auction or whatever brings in the most $$$ for SMO. :cheers: