Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoHuntress

ONESHOT 1 (2012-2013)

125 posts in this topic

Very Long DayGot up at 4:30AM went Squirrel hunting got two Fox and a Greypost-1600-139589310499_thumb.jpgCame home had to write up something for the Congregation at Church in the morning.Then went to a Dinner at the Church.Then come Home went swimming with the Kids and Grandkids.post-1600-139589310499_thumb.jpgpost-1600-1395893105_thumb.jpg

Well nothing at the crossing.Checked out a wallow,I\'m thinking a Boar in the area,because not much sign and Cutter marks on a rub tree.But I know of an other area that has Hogs,private Land between Road and them on Government Land only way in is by water.So I marked it on GPS and take Boat in there in couple days.post-1600-139589310559_thumb.jpgpost-1600-13958931056_thumb.jpgoneshot

Ok just got back from Kansas,my wife said she wanted to visit her Mom.Like so many before Kansas,boring but thought ok make the best look things over as far as Hunting and Fishing being as this might turn into several Trips and besides years ago I worked in Kansas made very Good money,I have Fished in Kansas and enjoyed myself,nothing like keeping your eye open for Buffalo and Fish at the same time.Didn\'t get to look as much as I liked but seen Deer and Turkeys,several Public Areas caught my Interest on the way but have to wait on another trip.Went to the Airport to eat.post-1600-139589310698_thumb.jpgSince my wifes Grandfathered both worked in the Salt Mine and Her Dad was Hard Rock miner in Colorado she wanted to tour the Mine.post-1600-139589310698_thumb.jpgReadypost-1600-139589310699_thumb.jpgLoad up on the Elevator for the Long ride downpost-1600-139589310699_thumb.jpg

The Mine is still very active bringing Salt to the Surface.My wife Loved this because when she was growing up she was always told Mines were no place for Women but before the Mine was closed that her dad worked they started hiring women :hmmm::clap::grd:post-1600-139589310706_thumb.jpg

Me at one time working as a Seedsman and have worked at many Grain Elevators was excited about seeing the Worlds Largest Grain Elevator.post-1600-139589310707_thumb.jpgPlus never seen Corn being harvested in August,just Pray they had a Good Croppost-1600-139589310708_thumb.jpgWe had a very good Trip and plan to go back at a later date to at least Catfish but would Love to Pheasant Hunt.oneshot

What are you going to do if Temperatures drops into the 50\'s and Boat Ramps are full of Last of Summer Weekenders? You go Squirrel Hunting.Their cutting Hickories Heavypost-1600-139589311194_thumb.jpgDid okpost-1600-139589311195_thumb.jpgHad Turkeys and Deer all around me they are eating up all the Beanspost-1600-139589311195_thumb.jpgSomething was digging up Weeds,might be Hogspost-1600-139589311195_thumb.jpgSaved Cleanings off my Squirrels figured the way they smelled might make good Catfish Bait.We\'ll see.oneshot

We always saved the livers off squirrels when I was a kid... Worked great for channel cats in the Osage river... That\'s probably armadillos from what I can see...
Yea their thick down there.Hog Trap down there but don\'t see much sign.oneshot

Went to Bennett Had some things to do over by Bennett.Decided to take Spinning Rod catch couple Trout for Dinner tomorrow. Stopped by Weaver\'s got some 2# Maxima put on my reel and Size 12 Treble Hooks. Seen this Buck by Circle J Camp Ground. post-1600-139589311307_thumb.jpgSeen this Fawn in the Parkpost-1600-139589311307_thumb.jpgAte in the Park.Went fishing below 64 HWY Bridge post-1600-139589311307_thumb.jpgWas setting on a Root Wad,had an Otter come up between my Legs.Made things interesting wish I could have got a Pic. Well caught Dinner.It was hard with all the Moss in the water. post-1600-139589311308_thumb.jpgoneshot

Fun With Grandsons Went to our Sons House after Church,I asked my wife if I wanted to take some Rods and Reels? No I don\'t think so. Get there Son said Boys were wanting to go Fishing.Well we dug out some Light Action Rods,Hooks,Bobbers and stuff.Grandpa we can\'t find Worms.That\'s ok asked your Dad for couple Hot Dogs. Get down to the Pond was catching Hybrid Bluegill until Boys started getting tierd. Told them Grandpa was going to try something but really didn\'t have heavy enough Gear.Put some weight and Bigger Hook on my Line,Good chunk of Hot Dog. Cast out set,Bam,broke my Line,rerig throw it out again losen Drag,set there Bam,played a long time finally get Good Size Catfish in. Had a Great time. post-1600-13958931261_thumb.jpg post-1600-13958931261_thumb.jpg post-1600-139589312611_thumb.jpg post-1600-139589312611_thumb.jpg post-1600-139589312612_thumb.jpgoneshot

Went Scouting found several trails with Fresh Sign.Found my Hidy Holes.Put them on my GPS so be easy tp find.Set up next to the Big Treepost-1600-139589312976_thumb.jpgUp next to this Dead Cedarpost-1600-139589312976_thumb.jpgCut sprout out of the way set next to the Cedar.post-1600-139589312976_thumb.jpgSet up in this Blow Downpost-1600-139589312977_thumb.jpgoneshot

Bullet Collection How many have a Bullet Collection. Few I\'ve found from Critters I\'ve shotpost-1600-139589313061_thumb.jpgTop Row Left to Right 180Gr. 45Cal., 54Cal. Round Ball, 385Gr. 50Cal. Great Plains Bullet Lower Row 250Gr. 50Cal., 54Cal. Round Ball, 240Gr. 50Cal. ,22Cal. oneshot

Made MeatWent over on Government Land looking for Beans.Drove through this part of the area,nothing but corn.I knew where there was two Fields. Got there seen where couple Guys had been in there,yes the Deer had been feeding on them.Look on the other side,wind was right,they ether had to come out of some Tight Brush or off this Hill. I beat some Weeds down for a Shooting Lane,set next to some Sprouts. Setting there hear a Turkey.He comes up sticks his Head out,\"I SEE YOU\",and was gone.6 o\'clock I\'m thinking should see Deer any time.Here comes two Small Bucks off the Hill,the one in front was Legal,waited for him to clear some weeds,shot he piled up in the Beans. Called my wife told her to be ready to cut Deer up.She is saying I get 3 Deer I\'m done for the season,talking about me not going on Managed Hunt.Told her no I might not go Firearms Season but I\'m going on the Managed Hunt. Here is my Hidy Hole post-1600-139589313098_thumb.jpgHere is my Deer,not best of Pic,I was trying to remember the Timer and Camera was setting on my Pack. post-1600-139589313098_thumb.jpgThank You Lord!oneshot

She is Mad But Will Get Over ItYesterday I went to an area I always Love to go because I always see Deer.Was coverd up with Turkeys,my wife don\'t like me shooting at Turkeys with Bow because of cost of Arrows,I tried for one yesterday and lost an Arrow so she was Mad.This morning check on Computer which way the wind is out of? It said out of the West,well darn,not going to be able to go where I did yesterday.Go out to the Pickup,take Lighter out check Wind,out of the South.Alright.Go back over where I sat up yesterday.Was having trouble finding the spot so I turned on my Little Clip on Light.Now in 59 years I have never Spotlighted for Deer,I catch Eyes shining at me from no more than 25 yards,cool it\'s a Deer,shine to my right,about same distance a Doe and Fawn.They didn\'t blow or nothing just went on.Thought this isn\'t good but I have no where else to set,maybe one will come from the other field.Setting there,here comes bunch of Turkeys.I take this picture and Text my wife.They r messing with mepost-1600-13958931358_thumb.jpgWell they caught me moving,went to the other side of the field.Little bit later,they come back my way.Get my Bow up,waited 20 yards,put the Pin on the Breast,shot,Flop,Flop.post-1600-13958931358_thumb.jpgGot Home asked her if she was Mad? No your going to do what you want anyway.Maybe I will have it Mounted? Your wanting to DIE.LOLoneshot

Heaven on EarthGet up 4AM,check what the weather is.Foggy,wind out of the East.Great know just where I\'m going haven\'t been in there for about a month.Drive over park the Pickup,get my Crossbow out,dang it\'s heavy,wish I was young 145 pounds,strong as an Ox,lifting 100# Bags of Feed like I use to.Could hunt with my Recurve,Quiver Full of Arrows.Remembering how I was always Good with it and show People how to shoot Instinctive,not have to use them New Compounds with Wheels,Sights and all.But years have a way of changing things.Just yesterday Doctor gave me New Medication to relieve the Arthritis pain in my Fingers.Walking to where I was wanting to set up like I had so many times before.Was going to use a Light but found I could walk with Full Moon light even though it was Cloudy and Foggy.Walking down thinking how time flies,my Dad passing 22 years ago,the same age you will be in a few days.Thinking of a Dear Friend that just passed,have to go to Good Bye Services for her in couple days,she was a Good Fishing,Card Playing Buddy the last 30 years,85 years old she did ok.Get to where I wanted to set.River Crossing on the right,Prairie Grass on the Left,Bean Field straight ahead,setting in a Blow down looking at open woods.Perfect! Setting there thinking of life in the dark,notice the thickness of the Fog settling in the Trees,then look at hundreds of Fireflies,shinning on the ground.Thought to myself my Heavenly Father showing me the Clouds and Stars,Heaven on Earth.Thank you once again Father.post-1600-139589313697_thumb.jpgoneshot

That\'s The way it GoesIt was cold and wet this morning,had seen Turkeys crossing the river from their roost to a Corn Field,thought I would go down try to intersept them.Had a Young Buck come up by me,but no Turkeys.Later hear a Jake on the other side of the field Gobbling.I sliped back around set up tried to get him to come in take a looky but no dice.Here is yours trulypost-1600-139589314051_thumb.jpgHere is what I was looking at.post-1600-139589314052_thumb.jpgoneshot