ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoHuntress

ONESHOT 1 (2012-2013)

Oh No Do You Think? We was coming home tonight,wife stopped picked a Snapping Turtle off the road,then says well I don\'t know whether to have Turtle or Fish for Dinner tomorrow?? You realize your Refrigerator is mostly full of Turtle,Fish and Bait. You still have a Skull in your Freezer waiting to be cleaned up for Euro Mount. oneshot

You Got Me Up at 5AM for This Set couple Lines out. Went checked my Charger on my Boat Battery,charged all night 25% Charged.Told my wife we had no choice but to try get the Lines in.Trolling Motor was just pushing us but we made it to the furthest Line. First one had a Small Turtle turned it Lose,second one had Small Channel Cat,last one nothing. We made it back to the Ramp,my wife went on Home.I stayed fished until Noon didn\'t catch a thing. Was going to go back this evening but think I\'ll wait couple days see if the Bite will pick up.I\'m thinking might be better off just Rod & Reel Fishing throw out a few Jugs. post-1600-139589308107_thumb.jpgoneshot

Are You Catching Them on Purpose? Told my wife I was going Carp fishing today on the river.I have a Bait I\'ve used for years Corn Meal Mush with Molasses which has always worked but today I decided to use Strawberry Soda and Wheaties and Corn. Get down there for some reason decided to Carolina Rig my Lines.Caught one on Corn but the other Lines they would get hold of the Bait and drop it.Thought just do like I always done just Hook and Bait No Weight. Did this had one Hit 5 minutes later.Seemed they was biting Good on the Corn Meal and Molasses so I used this on two Poles. Guy come by couldn\'t believe I was actually fishing for Carp?? Seen one Guy come in with 40 pound Flathead Catfish. Two of them weighed 10 Pounds.One Buffalo. post-1600-139589308155_thumb.jpgHeat up the Oil!!post-1600-139589308155_thumb.jpgoneshot

Cleaning a Buffalo (Video) Went fishing thought I would Video how to clean Buffalo and Carp.Had a Longer one but it was too Long.This one I could have done better with Light and wife took some Still Pics but couldn\'t use them.But hope this Helps. Here is three Varieties I caught.Sucker,Common Carp and Buffalo. post-1600-139589308201_thumb.jpgVideo on Cleaning a Buffalo,do Carp same way. post-1600-139589308201_thumb.jpgoneshot

Baby Time Went to the woods yesterday had a Doe cross the road,her Baby couldn\'t make it. post-1600-139589308254_thumb.jpgHad this Mama come by me,her pouch was full I\'ll bet she can\'t wait to quit packing her Rug Rats. post-1600-139589308255_thumb.jpgIf you look close you can see how low her Belly is. post-1600-139589308256_thumb.jpgoneshot

Hanging With Grandpa I took my Grandson fishing couple times so far this weekend,going to take him to Church in the morning,\"Ah Grandpa that\'s going to mess up the whole day\". Nice Rainbow once got to my favorite Hole. post-1600-139589308382_thumb.jpgSet up post-1600-139589308382_thumb.jpgGetting Late and fish not really biting. post-1600-139589308382_thumb.jpgGrandpa knows how to get a fire going post-1600-139589308383_thumb.jpgWell try his hand at the exciting sport of Carp fishing post-1600-139589308383_thumb.jpgpost-1600-139589308384_thumb.jpgHe is going to Church with us,plus tomorrow we are going to the Nursing Home. oneshot

Boating Big Time Now Been working on the Boat few days,couldn\'t get it running decided I needed a New Fuel Tank,went to Everharts,they explained to me things had changed on Tanks and Fuel Lines because of Ethanol.So got New Tank and Fuel Line. Got home put it on nothing.Told my wife one Carburetor wasn\'t getting Gas asked her if she trusted me to tear it down? OOOOOKAY! I Guess! I tore it down cleaned it up,put it back together,had a bugger of time with one Fuel Line finally,put a New Piece in,clamped it with Zip Ties. Got it put together.Said a Prayer.It started first crank.Wife says lets go to the river. Get down there unloaded.I take it on out had trouble Trimming to get it up on Plane but got it.Wife wanted to know what I was doing?Trying to flip it? I explained. We was going down through there she was shaking I thought she was scared? No I\'m cold. Got started back to the Pickup hit a snag,scared her but was ok.Got loaded up. Thank You Lord for Your taking care again! post-1600-139589308945_thumb.jpgpost-1600-139589308946_thumb.jpgoneshot

Took my Dear wife out Fishing this morning and to run the Boat.Well got her out there fairly early.She caught the first fish,a Channel Cat.Then I caught a Channel Cat,then she caught two Bluegill.Then nothing. We decided to go on down the river where I hadn\'t been.Guy told me there was a Snag Field that was hard to get through. Got headed down that way,I put the Boat on Plane,was scaring my wife with all the snags.Get up where the Guy was talking about.I slowed down,go a ways,hit a snag.Transducer flies up on the Deck.Well I quit worrying about a Fish Finder. Turn around to go back to the Ramp.Get Boat up on Plane.All is Good.Come to another Boat fishing along the shore.Go to slow down,it wouldn\'t.Finally get it out of Gear but still running wide open.I shut it off.Take it by Trolling Motor back to the Ramp. Got it Home Linkages looked Good,Took Control Lever apart,it looks ok.Walked around the Motor,whats this Linkage do?Move it,ah it does this,moved it couple times.Start Motor up,all runs fine.Ok learned something New Today.post-1600-139589308965_thumb.jpgpost-1600-139589308966_thumb.jpgoneshot

Be Prepared If going out into the Outdoors need to be prepared in case you come into some Wild Edibles always have couple Bags in your Pockets and Ice Cream Bucket or two in your Vehicle. Seems I didn\'t take my advice but I improvised. post-1600-139589309263_thumb.jpgpost-1600-139589309263_thumb.jpgoneshot

Still Getting the Bugs Out Went down below the House put the Boat in,it wasn\'t wanting to run right at first.Got it started and took it on down the river. Throwed Jigs nothing.Went on down throwing Jigs,nothing.Tied a Spinner on caught a 13 inch Crappie.Nothing more. Had a guy tell me how to catch them,by this time I was ready to go home.Thanked him told him I would have to try it next time. Got the Boat up on plane it was running so,so.All of a sudden something came unclogged,that sucker was running GOOD! I ran past the Pickup,turned around run it back where I was.Then it just Died,got it started ran just fine back to the Pickup. Got the Boat on the Trailer ok and got it Hooked but Current was pulling it off the Trailer because I don\'t have Guide Poles.Pulled the Pickup up a little,tried pushing the Boat on the Trailer,couldn\'t do it.Started the Motor,got it on the Trailer but bent Metal Bar and broke off a Board.Like my wife said,what I\'ve been telling her I need some Guide Poles. Plenty of Structurepost-1600-139589309407_thumb.jpg post-1600-139589309408_thumb.jpgWell didn\'t get Skunkedpost-1600-139589309408_thumb.jpgoneshot

[rquote=177940&tid=16837&author=oneshot 1]Get All The Good Eats Got Dinner and Catfish Bait.Wonder why my Mother in Law won\'t eat at my House? So you\'re saying that\'s all I have to do run my mother-in law off!?! lol :cool: Great pics and posts, thanks for posting them.

Get All The Good Eats Got Dinner and Catfish Bait.Wonder why my Mother in Law won\'t eat at my House? So you\'re saying that\'s all I have to do run my mother-in law off!?! lol :cool: Great pics and posts, thanks for posting them.
My Mother in Law walked into the House one time we was eating Snapping Turtle,she run outside got sick.She has stayed clear of my place at meal time since.oneshot

Found my Game HaulerI\'ve had little 3HP Clinton Motor setting in the Shed.Decided to put it on my little 12 Foot Jon Boat and take my Big Grandson for a ride.Did so good I\'m going to use it Hunting by the House.Sets up Good in the Water and can haul the Weight.Me by myself Notice how it sets up in the waterpost-1600-139589309822_thumb.jpgLittle Clinton just chugging alongpost-1600-139589309822_thumb.jpgGlad I conviced him to sit in the middlepost-1600-139589309823_thumb.jpgoneshot

Five Bolts Make a Difference Been messing with my Big Boat,first it wasn\'t getting Gas in Top Carburetor.Got it cleaned out and was running fine. Well it got to where it wasn\'t running right,would run fine,let off the throttle,it would only seem to be getting Half Gas. We got to looking Cover had came lose over Carburetor,found one Bolt under the engine,figured we lost the rest either on the ground or in the Lake,replaced and used Lock Tight. Today decided to tear down Top Carburetor,screw was lose on the Float.Ok make sure it\'s tight.Start Motor up where we could see Carburetors.Bottom Carburetor is blowing Gas.Ok figured needed to tear it down. Pull Carburetor off,look on up in there.DANG! There is my five Bolts,get magnet,pull them out,put Carburetor back.Seems to be running fine. Take it to the Lake.Seems to run much better if Bolts are in the right place.Just Lucky they didn\'t do any damage. post-1600-139589309902_thumb.jpgoneshot

Me and My Fishing Buddy Me and my wife went to Truman Lake.She wanted to fish below Bobber with Worms,I tried to get her to use Minnows but she wouldn\'t.I was using Sonney\'s. Caught 7 Channel Catfish and 1 very crooked White Cat. Setting and waiting post-1600-139589310229_thumb.jpgWatchingpost-1600-13958931023_thumb.jpgOkpost-1600-13958931023_thumb.jpgMy Buddy and her Crooked Fishpost-1600-13958931023_thumb.jpgoneshot

Wasn\'t Really Serious About Hunting Went out this morning more Scouting than Hunting but take the Gun anyway.Went by the House,there is Beans down there.Seen a Fawn and four Hen Turkeys but no Poults but I know they are in there because I found sign of Poults. Went by the river it was calm,fish were feeding on small Shad.Seen couple Otters. Went in the woods was surprised to find Squirrels cutting Hickory Nuts.Killed 5 Greys. Beans are looking Good.Deer are nibbling.post-1600-13958931044_thumb.jpgTurkey Poult Featherpost-1600-13958931044_thumb.jpgYea their cutting Hickory Nutspost-1600-139589310441_thumb.jpgHome some Cleaning to dopost-1600-139589310441_thumb.jpgoneshot

River Bunny My Granddaughter has been with her Dad all her 3 years of Life on the Niangua River,has always wore her PFD. Today at the Pool she decided to get rid of PFD and swim.She did GREAT was swimming from the Ladder to the Rope back and forth until she just got too tired. I called her a River Rat,she said no she is a River Bunny,much cuter. Blond Hair,name of Ivy Joe Lee,spends Summers on the river and not afraid of anything.Her Dad is going to have his Hands full. oneshot

DetailsPay attention to Details when looking for Lost Game.I went Squirrel hunting this morning,was shooting and leaving them lay until I got ready to leave.Shot three,then it started getting Hot and Wind picked up.So went to pick up my Squirrels.Found two no problem.Was looking and looking for the third.I though well I seen it fall but didn\'t hear it hit the ground,maybe I just crippled it and it took off.Then I noticed a Polk Weed Leaf cover with blood,too much for just a falling Squirrel. :puzzled: I look up,there is my Squirrel about 10 foot up in the fork of a Small Tree.I shook him out and was ready to go home.oneshot

I need to go get some squirrels:smilebig::smilebig: You sure don\'t sit at home, do ya??? :thumbup::thumbup:
With this Heat only go out couple hours at a time in mornings.Yesterday was hard on me running around with my Son.It helps being Retired too.oneshot:smilebig: The Big Grin setting in A/C.