Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoHuntress

It's Time To Sign Up For The 2012-2013 Challenge

3 posts in this topic

****Please sign up via U2Uie to me, MoHuntress, no later than January 15th, 2012You’re invited to participate in the second annual ShoMeOutdoors.com Ultimate Outdoorsperson Challenge. *The challenge will begin on January 16th, 2012 and last until January 15th, 2013*All SMO members and staff are encouraged to participate. *All blog submissions must be from events that have taken place during January 16, 2012 to January 15, 2013.*All interested participants, must submit a request , via U2U ONLY (not via email), to me, MoHuntress, by January 15th, 2012. No late signups accepted.*Once your request is received, I will then start your blog in the “2012-2013 SMO Ultimate Outdoorsperson Challenge” forum. All blogs will be locked and only you have the key. *What to add to your blog:Photos and stories of the following:TrappingFishingSpring/Fall Turkey HuntingSmall Game HuntingTarget ShootingShooting Matches Bow Hunting3D ShootingMentoring Young PeopleVolunteer Work With Some Sort of Outdoor OrganizationFood PlotsOutdoor PhotographyScoutingOutdoor How To Articles (written and illustrated by you)Gear ReviewsAny other outdoor activity or event you are involved inNOTE: All photos must be accompanied by a story.*At least two blog submissions must be made per month. If not, you will be automatically eliminated from the challenge. NOTE: Since we are starting in the middle of January 2012, only one submission is required for that month. Two monthly submissions will be required for the following months…. February 2012, March 2012, April 2012, May 2012, June 2012, July 2012, August 2012, September 2012, October 2012, November 2012, December 2012. In January of 2013, only one submission will be required. Remember, the minimum requirement is two submissions per month. By adding more, it ups your chances of winning at the end.*By the end of the challenge, I will have assembled a panel of four judges that are not affiliated with SMO, but are of the outdoor community. The judges and myself, will review all of the blogs and will decide who should be the 2012-2013 Ultimate Outdoorsperson. Everything depends on what’s in your blog. The more you add, the better it will look to the judges in the end. *The winner will receive a 36”, two column, engraved trophy, plus $100 cash. The winner will also be featured on SMO’s main page and on our Facebook pageIf you have any questions or comments, post them to this thread.Good luck everyone!!!

Hey Challenge bloggers....instead of having judges this year, I think we will have the membership do the judging. I think doing it this way, will be so much better. On the 16th of January, I will start a poll thread and the members will cast their vote in that one thread. We will allow voting for two weeks. Voting will end at midnight on January 30th and the winner will be announced on January 31st. Once the winner is determined, I will contact you for your mailing address, so that I can mail to you, the trophy and the $100. Good luck guys!BTW....The trophy has been ordered. I\'m supposed to receive it on or before January 16th. Once I get it, I\'ll post some pics of it. It\'s very pretty, and very BIG! :smilebig: