ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crev

YOU THINK IM STUPID!!! IDIOT

Ok, so i log into my email and recieve an email from:paypal@paypal.comOnly its not from paypal, its a scam from shomeoutdoors.comClick on the link below to view the email:http://buydemon.bravehost.com/The email looks like its from paypal, but its not!... and paypal never address clients by \'Dear Paypal User\'... anyway.. the email states that my account is going to be suspended... but its not \'!pffft!\'Apparently, i click on the link and log in to make sure my acocunt isnt suspended... however, the intention of the email is for me to log in with my details and then my datails are stolen... buy the owner of shomeoutdoors.comThis has pissed me off... i have placed a screen shot of the email at the link above.. and email the link to 150000 people.. opps!Anyway... the link goes to:http://www.shomeoutdoors.com/chat/mods/www.paypal.com.webscr.phpcmd%3dLogIn//(DONT LOG IN WITH YOUR PAYPAL DETIALS!!!)So the paypal site has been replicated... why would any one do this.. when they will get caught out!So i conclude that the owner of this site is a wanker... just wait for this site to go down.. wont take long now !!!!!!!! !!

Originally posted by crevbut when someone gets an email like that... they tend to flip of the handle.

No, most people would find out the facts before they flew off the handle... :wave:So ya gonna send them 150,000 people another message explaining how you flew off the handle. :puzzled:Seems the only right thing to do since this phishing incident happened, was found and announced on the forum well before you started this thread. :)

crev, I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you...Evidently the Chat program I had installed here for me and my members to use was insecure and full of exploits. there was some folders installed that I could not remove and had to have my host remove them for me...I have now also removed my chat completely from the host...so this will stop, I was made aware of the problem just yesterday while i was at work. on the otherhand, I recieve these stupid emails ALL the time as spam, and have been for years, most are Ebay or Paypal...I am a smart enough feller to realize they are a scam and simply delete them...anyone who clicks that link and fills out the info asked for is asking for trouble and it is in no way my fault, I am not responsible for the ignorance and or gullability of the people of the world. people need to be responsible and think for themselves every now and then...such as, delete the email and go directly to Paypal or Ebay the normal way you would and look around. If anyone filled out this info in the email they recieved, they are strongly and urgently encouraged by me to log into thier acount and change thier password immedietly, call your bank and stop payment right away, close your bank account and reopen with a new account number. This is the internet and you are on your own, there are very few internet sheriffs to call...I did try to figure out where and to whom this info would be going to so that i could pursue legal action, but am unsuccessful at this time, I still have all the files on my desktop and sifting through them...but it is unlikely anything in them will lead anyone to thier where abouts.

Originally posted by crevOk, so i log into my email and recieve an email from:paypal@paypal.comOnly its not from paypal, its a scam from shomeoutdoors.comClick on the link below to view the email:http://buydemon.bravehost.com/The email looks like its from paypal, but its not!... and paypal never address clients by \'Dear Paypal User\'... anyway.. the email states that my account is going to be suspended... but its not \'!pffft!\'Apparently, i click on the link and log in to make sure my acocunt isnt suspended... however, the intention of the email is for me to log in with my details and then my datails are stolen... buy the owner of shomeoutdoors.comThis has pissed me off... i have placed a screen shot of the email at the link above.. and email the link to 150000 people.. opps!Anyway... the link goes to:http://www.shomeoutdoors.com/chat/mods/www.paypal.com.webscr.phpcmd%3dLogIn//(DONT LOG IN WITH YOUR PAYPAL DETIALS!!!)So the paypal site has been replicated... why would any one do this.. when they will get caught out!So i conclude that the owner of this site is a wanker... just wait for this site to go down.. wont take long now !!!!!!!! !!

Wow. You should have come here first and read the rules.Clicking on these will do the following::bouncing: Will steal your bank account info.:cry: Will make your dog mad at you.:baby: Will make your wife leave.:poke: Will make the food dissapear from your fridge.:thumbdown: Will make your transmission go out.But all can be cancelled out by hitting :sniper:.Sorry guys, Im full of sarcasm today.:D

1Fast, that was funny...Crev, sorry for the prolems you had. Phishin is bad problem all over the big bad internet that Al gore started. :laughcry: I hope you dont hold Shomeoutdoors in a bad light, and I hope ya stick around and post with us. Like Passthru said, Ya gots to be careful with any link you receive via email...DONT OPEN IT unless you know exactl who it came from... I get phisin emails all the time, I just delete em...Oh and do you really know 15000 people? I hope you let em all know we really is a good bunch of folk over here who like to talk about hunting and fishin( with a pole and bait ina lake)Have a good day!!

If you get an email from paypal and it doesn\'t address you by your real name then it\'s a scam and you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com and let them deal with it. I have done this many times. You\'ll forward the scam directly to paypal and they will send you an email telling you thanks.

DANG crev, you must feel a bit sheepish right now. :laughcry: Pass did warn us prior to your mishap. :poke: Not only that, but i mean really, we all know of the piracy going on out there on the net......:freak:I agree with DW, you can send all those 150 000 people a message where you explain that you were actually a victim of spam and that the owner of SMO.com is not a wanker.Nonetheless you are certainly forgiven for flying off that handle of yours like a banshee and we hope that you will keep us posted on those hunting and fishing stories and pics of yours. Thats why we are here. :thumbup: