ShoMeOutdoors Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cherokee

Love old iron for food plots?

Well I\'m a member on this site and YES- I\'m guess who!! Cherokee, but you already knew that, didn\'t ya? I love this site almost as much as this one. Hey... I said, \"Almost!!\" LOL! Thought you guys and gals might find new friends here as I have. Good people with good info and good manners. What\'s Not to like?? Just like this site, same manners expected! Did I ever tell you guys how much I think this site Rocks?? Well, it is the best I\'ve seen Yet!:cheers::cool::cheers:http://antiquetractorsforum.com/index.php

1958 801 Powermaster Series 861. Same horsepower as the Ford 5000. It\'s a little beast. These were made from 1958-1962. the Ford 5000 came out in 1965 I believe. Don\'t quote me on that, but I believe that\'s true. This little tractor might as well be my wife- LOL!! I\'m just that attached to it.

Boy O Boy!!!! You gotta join that other site, they\'d get a kick out of all that old iron! Case, WooHoo to those too!!!!!! If it\'s old, I love it no matter the flavor- they\'re all Fantastic in my book!!! Keep those coming guys and gals, I can\'t get enough of old iron, rust buckets or completely restored museum pieces I love them like an old girlfriend!!!!!

Nice old tractors. The 4 cyl 4000 which started production in 62 were nearly identical to the 801\'s and 901\'s I have a 64 model 4000. Sweet old tractors indeed. I also have a 68 model 5000 which is a little bigger series than the powermasters.

Guest andy4tankar

Its very good to see this kind of photos.Its old iron for food plots.

deerman, I\'d sure love to see the pictures you have. I can\'t get enough of the old tractors. One of my favorites are the old donkey tractors. For those who don\'t know, they are old trucks geared down and turned into makeshift tractors. I made one a long time ago. Took an old 74 Ford F-250 with 2 manual trannies and made a coupler to go from the output shaft to the input shaft and mounts for it on the frame. Throw both trannies in reverse and it would go forward so slow you could walk faster than it would go. The transfer case was on the rear transmission and I had Richard Losch in Columbia make up that drive shaft to the front axle. Locked it in low 4X4 and both trannies in reverse and it would walk up hills you couldn\'t. It was a true beast. Leave the rear tranny in 4th and shift the front as you would normally and it would go down the highway like any other truck. Show us some donkey tractors if anyone has any, I like odd tractors or as I like to call them, \"poor man\'s John Deere\'s.:cheers: