Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoHuntress

Rules and Info For The Challenge

19 posts in this topic

You’re invited to participate in the first ever, 2011 ShoMeOutdoors.com Ultimate Outdoorsperson Challenge. *The challenge will begin on January 16th, 2011 and last until January 15th, 2012*All SMO members and staff are encouraged to participate. *All blog submissions must be from events that have taken place during January 16, 2011 to January 15, 2012.*All interested participants, must submit a request , via U2U ONLY (not via email), to me, MoHuntress, by January 15th, 2011. No late signups accepted.*Once your request is received, I will then start your blog in the “2011 SMO Ultimate Outdoorsperson Challenge” forum. All blogs will be locked and only I have the key. Therefore, all photos and stories that each participant wants added to their blog, must be submitted to me via email. I will then add them to each participants blog as I receive them. The more stuff you add to your blog, the better.*What to add to your blog:Photos and stories of the following:TrappingFishingSpring/Fall Turkey HuntingSmall Game HuntingTarget ShootingShooting Matches Bow Hunting3D ShootingMentoring Young PeopleVolunteer Work With Some Sort of Outdoor OrganizationFood PlotsOutdoor PhotographyScoutingOutdoor How To Articles (written and illustrated by you)Gear ReviewsAny other outdoor activity or event you are involved inNOTE: All photos must be accompanied by a story.*At least two blog submissions must be made per month. If not, you will be automatically eliminated from the challenge. NOTE: Since we are starting in the middle of January 2011, only one submission is required for that month. Two monthly submissions will be required for the following months…. February 2011, March 2011, April 2011, May 2011, June 2011, July 2011, August 2011, September 2011, October 2011, November 2011, December 2011. In January of 2012, only one submission will be required. Remember, the minimum requirement is two submissions per month. By adding more, it ups your chances of winning at the end.*Email all blog submissions to smochallengeblog@gmail.com Be sure and submit your SMO username with your submissions.*By the end of the challenge, I will have assembled a panel of three judges that are not affiliated with SMO, but are of the outdoor community. The judges and myself, will review all of the blogs and will decide who should be the 2011 Ultimate Outdoorsperson. Everything depends on what’s in your blog. The more you add, the better it will look to the judges in the end. *The winner will receive a 36”, two column, engraved trophy, plus $100 cash. The winner will also be featured on SMO’s main page and on our Facebook pageIf you have any questions or comments, post them to this thread.Good luck everyone!!!

Yeah let me know what to send ya and all:cheers:
Everything you need to know, should be in this thread. If you have additional questions, let me know. In the meantime, I\'ll get you added to the Challenge. ;)

I missed the rule that stated all submissions and photos have to be from events that happen from January 2011 to January 2012. I looked and looked and I geuss I just missed that one can someone fill me in.
Mark, all blog submissions, must be from events that take place between January 16, 2011 to January 15, 2012. We discussed this very thing in a thread, but I guess I deleted it so that the Challenge forum didn\'t get too cluttered. I\'ll add it to the rules, just so there is no confusion later. :thumbup:

Im wondering if the rules as stated are the official final rules or will there be more added later . Just don\'t want any suprises.
Well, for starters, the contest is for fun....there\'s nothing \"official\" about it. In other words, it\'s just something to do.As I stated before, we discussed the blog entry thing in another thread, all the way up until the contest started on January 16th. My guess, is that you\'re the only one that didn\'t see it? I deleted the thread once the challenge was under way. Sorry, Mark. I had assumed that we were all on the same page in regard to the blog entries.

Let me clear this up so their is no confusion. I understand this is for fun but to say theirs nothing \'official about it kind of irks me. I tried to add some pics of my family to my blog of my kids and my wife with some deer as this is a outdoor site. I should have included them with my original post but didnt think to do it till later, the original blog post shows a pic of me with a deer I shot several years ago and was posted with no problem. I was informed that it couldnt be added because the pics were not taken between January 2011 and January 2012. I wasn\'t trying to pass them off as such just wanted to add as part of my intro so people could see who the people are I would be writing about . I realy was miffed that I was told they werent allowed. I went back and looked at the \"official\' rules and didnt see anything that would have you believe they couldnt be added. Now they are on the \"official rules\" So I questioned rather or not those were the final \"official rules\". I\'m sorry Dena if you got offended but I asked you to call me so we wouldnt be doing this in the forum but you havn\'t done that. I have always been friend with you and hope we can continue to be friends. I dont have that much spare time on my hands but thought this may be a fun thing to try and do and was going to try and find time to make a interesting blog for people to follow, just for the fun of it. I realy don\'t care if I win this thing or not. I don\'t need the aggravation so with that I respectfully withdraw from the competition.I am including the pics I tried to add earlier for all to see. I hope the best to all of you good luck I will be following this myself. Now I hope we are all on the same page. post-51-139589292302_thumb.jpg post-51-139589292304_thumb.jpg post-51-139589292307_thumb.jpg

oops not sure what happened there the first pic was my daughter Alyssa with her first buck and My son Jordan and daughter Amanda they made a drive and drove this deer to her. Don\'t they all look so happy? The other pic is of my wife and my youngest Rachel with her biggest buck to date. Just thought I would share these

post-51-139589292311_thumb.jpg

Well, I\'m a wee bit irked at the moment now, too.First of all, exactly when did you tell me to call you? I must have missed that. I mean, I went back and read your email, your posts here, and there weren\'t any U2U\'s from you either. I\'m a little confused.Secondly, like I\'ve said three times now...we had an open discussion about all submissions being of current events between January 16, 2011 and January 15, 2012. I\'m sorry that you never saw it. I allowed the pic of you in your first entry, since it was more or less a bio of who you are. I\'d also like to add, that I sent you an EMAIL, explaining all of this stuff to you when you sent me the pics and short story of your family from deer season. Why couldn\'t you have responded there instead of here? Third, well, I\'m just at a loss right now, so I\'m going to stop right here.